Dreams of lifts going sideways

I've had quite a few dreams of lifts that go up then sideways, but last night this lift I was in did a full rotation! I had a full shopping trolley too but none of it fell out! :o

Does anybody else have dreams where lifts go sideways? And what does it mean (if anything)?

I've been recording my dreams and following the patterns for two or three years. Some themes have a pretty straightforward, even literal message, and the lift dreams I had were like that. The lift would go up but miss out the floor I wanted, or get so far up and then crash to the ground again. I didn't do sideways though! Is there some aim in your life that you feel is being thwarted, that you get so far in your plans but then it gets diverted or frustrated? Do you feel like you're going round in circles or putting a lot of effort into going nowhere? The shopping trolley would probably symbolise having enough, or even having plenty, but still feeling held back from where you want to be. Does that make any sense?

While I was having my lift dreams I was also dreaming of planes that I missed, wasn't allowed to board, or that I boarded but the flight was aborted on take off. Same sort of theme of having your life path frustrated, which is exactly what was going on during the waking hours. I still couldn't do anything about it at the time, but it was fascinating watching my unconscious mind play it out when I was asleep!

That is interesting! And it describes just where I was at at the time those dreams were occurring, though I can't speak for the OP of course. The spiritual/consciousness element fits exactly too. Thankfully I managed to get there in the end!

Thank you for the link lilypiglet. I shall be looking up a backlog of dreams on there. I bet they don't have my Vanessa Feltz dream though. :hihi:

I've had quite a few dreams of lifts that go up then sideways, but last night this lift I was in did a full rotation! I had a full shopping trolley too but none of it fell out! :o

Does anybody else have dreams where lifts go sideways? And what does it mean (if anything)?

It's not a dream, it is a Paternoster. There was/is one in the University Arts Tower.

Are you sure you didn't watch charlie and the choclit factory on Sunday??

WOW! THIS IS SPOOKY!

HAD A COUPLE OF DREAMS ABOUT SIDEWAYS LIFTS A FEW NIGHTS AGO!

KEEP GETTING A DEJA VU SENSATION OF ALL THIS BEING A REAL EVENT SOMETIME, SOMEWHERE ELSE IN THE UNIVERSE.

WONDER WHEN I WILL BE GOING BACK TO PLANET ZOG?

now, where did i put my tablets?!

But there is one certainty. Your dream means nothing, its a dream.

Dreams are like problem solving and information sifting processes, sorting out the crap of daily life and how you feel about things. Everyone knows the value of sleeping on a problem and waking up with a resolution or answer. Even if you don't remember or analyse the dreaming, the process still does a job. I've gained an enormous amount of insight and become much more aware of things I didn't want to admit since recording my Dreams. And as I said before, although dream meanings have a reputation for being obscure and crackpot, most of the symbolism in dreams is surprisingly literal, sometimes to the point of cliche. That's because the metaphors and symbols run throughout the culture, the language, through mythology and the expressive arts. It can be very useful when you get the hang of it, but even if people ignore their dreams, their experiences and motivations are being processed nonetheless.

Archived