Do we have the right to be mad about poor service??

Walked up to the till immediately and put down my goods and said 'thank you' and waited for her to put them through! i wouldve been fuming!

^^^^^^^^^^

That's right!

Walk up to her (I'm guessing the person at the till was a woman; they love to gossip all day long) plonk your stuff down and with a big, big smile, say: "Hi, I'd like to pay for these please", and keep smiling at her until you're served. With any luck, you'll freak her out and get served.

The problem with that Co-op (I'm guessing it's the one opposite the Peace Gardens) is that the staff all came over from Somerfield, so they're used to treating the customer with their utmost contempt.

And why shouldn't they? I mean, it's not like we pay their wages, is it :roll:

x

was it the co-op in town? it is uniformly awful for service.

i have to say if you really did wait for a whole 10 minutes, then you ARE mad. in much shorter waits, i have downed my intended purchase on the nearest surface and left. 10 minutes is a really long time just stood on the spot!

take your custom elsewhere! it's the only effective response.

was it the co-op in town? it is uniformly awful for service.

Some of the staff there are dreadful!

I'm not the type of person to kick up a fuss or complain (I usually only get annoyed a bit later once I've thought about it for a bit!) but there have been at least 3-4 occasions where I've ben very tempted to write a letter of complaint or something. I've never felt that way anywhere else in Sheffield by comparison.

what did you actually do for the "ten minutes" you were waiting to be served??

And were there no other customers in the co-op at lunch time waiting with you, or where they also all too gobsmacked to say anything?

Baffles me also, Lunch time, Busy. Others would also be in the line up for the till. Ten mins is a long time to wait at a till with lots of others behind you. Someone would have noticed. Also looking at the time whilst you were waiting would have given them the hint that you are not amused. Ten mins I rather think this was a little exaggerated, But I will agree the staff are not very good there.

No there was no one

else it was the co-op in killamarsh so it's always a little dead or

mega busy oh my lord this has just been mentioned on hallam fm...

Yeah that's me talking about it now... general opinion seems to be that it's okay to say something. Hope you don't mind me talking about it on my show.... thought it was interesting as the same thing has happened to me a few times

Archived