Home insurance increasing - why?

I have just recieved my home building and contents insurance renewal notice and am shocked by the increase in the premium - from £30/month to £45/month.

Now I know that they will charge as much as they can as they are banking on us being too busy/lazy to shop around again for a new policy, but a £15/month increase seems excessive. We have had no claims on the insurance, and all our stuff is a year older than before, so why the big increase? is anyone else finding there insurance costs increasing at this rate?

I have just recieved my home building and contents insurance renewal notice and am shocked by the increase in the premium - from £30/month to £45/month.

Now I know that they will charge as much as they can as they are banking on us being too busy/lazy to shop around again for a new policy, but a £15/month increase seems excessive. We have had no claims on the insurance, and all our stuff is a year older than before, so why the big increase? is anyone else finding there insurance costs increasing at this rate?

Shop around,they will try and make cash out of people who can't be arsed.

Well people thinking " oh my TV is getting on so i'll "Knock it" and get a new one" never helps. THAT puts the price up just like people who constantly claim on car insurance push it up for the rest of us.

Way of the world.. Maybe shop around?

My Husband just questioned our increase last month, he got them to decrease the increase, he puts why what & when questions to them that that stutter to answer,:) they can never give a clear answer to why, I think they just like to get rid of him, our insurance office in local so we stop in anytime.

It go up cuz all unemployed ppl be 2 breaking into ur homes 2 steal ur stuff 2 pay 4 our crack habit and 35 kidz...

And don't forgte the Tories plan to release prisoners early, to avoid spending so much on prisons. And because ex-cons have no jobs, what will they do? That's right, commit even more crimes :o

Remember: "We're all in this together" ™

x

I am currently unemplyed and I pay for my house insurance. Can you please explain why unemployed people are "crime lords"? :suspect:

:::hides pimpmobile::: :hihi::hihi:

I'm with you - being unemployed doesn't make you a thief. being an unemployed junkie might. Both me and OH are working now but we have been unemploed but have never been reduced to stealing.

Archived