West street live opening soon

Cavellsuk

I think this is excellent news. One of my bands and loads of others use some practice studios just at the back, It couldn't be more convenient, especially as the Grapes seems to be run by a clique and they keep letting their mates play to empty rooms, rather than letting the rest of us play like we used to do a few years ago to good crowds of mates.

They must be loosing a fortune.

Whats sort of bands are they going for- is it pub covers bands (of the sort that play Van Morrison & Rolling Stones covers) or the sort of bands that would normally play the Grapes etc??

BTW can you advertise for "Waitresses" (ie not waiters & waitresses) these days??

Originally posted by jake

Whats sort of bands are they going for- is it pub covers bands (of the sort that play Van Morrison & Rolling Stones covers) or the sort of bands that would normally play the Grapes etc??

Aha, I have just realised why we can't play at the grapes. Not because we are a covers band or sound like the rolling stones - no it's because we are over 25 years of age.!

( actually we are over 25, 30 and 35 ! )

Oh sorry.. I am actually in a band with a guy in his 20s. I'll take him next week to see if we can play. :loopy::rant:

oritey!

cool sheffields needed a new venue for aaaages!

we'll be recording an EP soon..... but do we need one in order to get gigs.... were a bunch of 18 year olds n play post-hardcore... not a scene band.. wow......

would be cool if you could post a reply.

cheers paul. xx

Not wanting to pi$$ on anyone's bonfires, but from the look of the place I think they are going for the kind of 'middle of tut road' bands - the ones that attract the 25-35yo market.

Thought there was talk of 'comedy club' nights and food with a 'deep south American' flavour.... sure I read all this in the latest/recent CAMRA pamphlet ??

Originally posted by St_Patrick

Not wanting to pi$$ on anyone's bonfires, but from the look of the place I think they are going for the kind of 'middle of tut road' bands - the ones that attract the 25-35yo market.

Eh?

Most of us over 35 year old musicians play much more interesting music than "middle of the road"

Archived