West street live opening soon

Cavellsuk

Originally posted by muddycoffee

Eh?

Most of us over 35 year old musicians play much more interesting music than "middle of the road"

???

Sounds like great stuff, 3 Motorcycles and two DJs who are scratching their heros.

A cross between a saxon gig and the wall of death show, fantastic. Do you play "denim and leather" ?

Muddycoffee, maybe you should edit your posts instead of double posting all the time.

Unless you think your more important than everyone else and require more real estate on this forum.

Just a suggustion. :)

:cool:

any idea what kind of music is desired to be shown there?

and to those who said it looked like it should be aimed at 25-35 year olds, there was a place i used to go to see live music that looks a lot like the set up of west street live, and tehy let everyone play there from some ****ty wanna be punk band to smaller mainstream acts (saw reel big fish there a few times). plus a lot of 80's bands when they were touring again like psychdelic furs (whose name i just butchered). so who knows.. but hopefully its a decent place to listen to up and coming live music is that really matters to me.

Originally posted by pJay

???Muddycoffee, maybe you should edit your posts instead of double posting all the time.

Unless you think your more important than everyone else and require more real estate on this forum. Just a suggustion. :):cool:

I'm sorry, I usually do that I must have been in a rush. I certainly don't think I am important.

Originally posted by Kerri

, there was a place i used to go to see live music that looks a lot like the set up of west street live, and tehy let everyone play there from some ****ty wanna be punk band to smaller mainstream acts (saw reel big fish there a few times). plus a lot of 80's bands when they were touring again like psychdelic furs (whose name i just butchered). so who knows.. but hopefully its a decent place to listen to up and coming live music is that really matters to me.

Maybe you are remembering the Hallamshire or the Limit if you are talking about west street. Both venues did that kind of thing and are now lost forever.

Maybe you are remembering the Hallamshire or the Limit if you are talking about west street. Both venues did that kind of thing and are now lost forever.

nahg this place was in NY, long island actually.

i think it just shut it doors (around the same time CBGB's did as well). place was called the downtown.

and thats a real shame, cause yeah... no one seems to bring anyone decent into town unless its at the octagon.

• 2 weeks later...

ok ok guys sorry i have been away for a while but getting a bar open in the city can be a pain in the ass , but we are open and running, any question (about the bar not maths or english ones please).

please email cavellsuk@yahoo.com

i will try and answer any question on here as well

Dean

“Days get shorter and shorter, nights longer and longer, before you know it, you life is just one long night with a few comatose daylight hours.”

Archived