David Cameron's personal photographer

So they're saving money by scrapping a more expensive communications and publicity department and using this guy instead? Seems like common sense to me.

Where does it mention department scrapping?

This guy takes BS press shots like the one in the article which are used to flatter our PM, which is expected these days, but why the random civil servant job when he's only ever going to be his photographer? What's wrong with inviting the press to take cushy press shots? I'm sure there are similarly skilled photographers that could take the shots without needing the 35k salary but then what were we to expect.

Where does it mention department scrapping?

This guy takes BS press shots like the one in the article which are used to flatter our PM, which is expected these days, but why the random civil servant job when he's only ever going to be his photographer? What's wrong with inviting the press to take cushy press shots? I'm sure there are similarly skilled photographers that could take the shots without needing the 35k salary but then what were we to expect.

Copyright is held by the government of any photographs he takes and so determin how they are used. Security issues will be involved.

I am sure he will be used for a variety of purposes related to the government

Where does it say that on the article?

It doesn't. It DOES pay to do some research into a matter you're slating so you don't look an ass.

The material is out there which details the loss of 287 jobs (announced 3rd August), but I can't be bothered doing your work when the thread is yet another anti-government rant and blind to anything but Cameron hate.

Copyright is held by the government of any photographs he takes and so determin how they are used. Security issues will be involved.

I am sure he will be used for a variety of purposes related to the government

Security issues? Press photographers have been allowed into Downing St before you know. Martin Argles was in there for one of the last days of Brown's leadership for example and I'm sure there were no security issues there and that all photos likely had to be checked by an official of some sort.

Well we'll see how much work he does in the Cabinet Office, my guess is it'll be no more than what we've seen already perhaps with one of Uncle Nick posing with a bottle of Hendersons.

Security issues? Press photographers have been allowed into Downing St before you know. Martin Argles was in there for one of the last days of Brown's leadership for example and I'm sure there were no security issues there and that all photos likely had to be checked by an official of some sort.

Well we'll see how much work he does in the Cabinet Office, my guess is it'll be no more than what we've seen already perhaps with one of Uncle Nick posing with a bottle of Hendersons.

Heres a quote from the post above yours

"the thread is yet another anti-government rant "....this sums up your last paragraph

again, so what? Its not like every other employer would go with someone they know before someone they don't-its common sense.

But the Tory party isn't employing him. If they were it wouldn't be an issue. The civil service is employing him. I'd be interested to see where the job was advertised and what the application process was.

Heres a quote from the post above yours

"the thread is yet another anti-government rant "....this sums up your last paragraph

I've no need to rant about the government and if I were to I'd use much stronger language on a subject I feel is worth ranting about.

My last paragraph was my casting of aspersions about the quoted comment "I am sure he will be used for a variety of purposes related to the government" which I found humerous in that the writer could say it with such certainty, no anti-government rant. I'd be surprised if we didnt see any more posed press shots from within the Cameron home taken by Parsons and I dont think it's a massive stretch of the imagination for us to see him take photos of Cameron and Clegg working together either so please, come down off your high horse.

Yes there will be security issues. He will have privileged access to members of the government and buildings.

As well as press and public relations photography he will almost certainly be involved other photographic tasks.

He will almost certainly need to be positive vetted on a regular basis.

Archived