Woman who stabbed MP gets life

Trying to kill someone to show your disapproval of war isn't exactly a well-thought out line of protest is it?

I take your point, but isn't the problem that MPs who voted for an illegal war (and particularly cabinet members who probably knew it was illegal and totally immoral, or at least suspected it) should be accountable but aren't? To my mind, ways of them being accountable would be the power to recall your MP or for them to be subject to a higher law. Since neither applies then are we to let them facilitate the killing of hundreds of thousands of innocent people without any comeback?

In the absence of more formal checks on MPs' actions, her DIY approach seems to me more reasonable than it otherwise would.

I dont understand why a muslim woman would want to do owt for a man who keeps her behind him who says she needs "4 witnesses to his 1" who cant go out without a male relative, who must obey her father / brothers, who must marry who they say. the judge should have jailed her for 30 years then she couldnt breed. & to cap it all fancy having all that fuzz in your face yuk

I take your point, but isn't the problem that MPs who voted for an illegal war (and particularly cabinet members who probably knew it was illegal and totally immoral, or at least suspected it) should be accountable but aren't? To my mind, ways of them being accountable would be the power to recall your MP or for them to be subject to a higher law. Since neither applies then are we to let them facilitate the killing of hundreds of thousands of innocent people without any comeback?

In the absence of more formal checks on MPs' actions, her DIY approach seems to me more reasonable than it otherwise would.

Oh I think there are a lot of people who feel rage and disgust at the entirety of the war policies and their legacy, but I still cannot support anyone acting with violence like this - especially in support of an extremist like Anwar al-Awlaki and all he and his ilk stands for.

As for the power to recall your MP, I recall a certain Sheffield MP selling the idea that we should be able to recall our MPs and hold them to account. Whatever happened to that idea? :|

This point often comes up and scum who hate this nation should be made to F off. Problem is where? Would any other country want them? I wish there was a 'Scum Island' for stateless people re Papillon where they can all squabble and klill each other at their own expense. It makes my stomach turn when inevitably all the fanatics turn out to be armchair warrior wasters who can't even provide for their families. They let the state they hate do it. We even kept one of these in a UK prison recently to stop him being executed in his own country. I wonder how grateful he is.

great post and i agree wholeheatedly. the reason why their supporters wont go to another country is that they wont get any benefits from any other country like soft touch britain

As for the power to recall your MP, I recall a certain Sheffield MP selling the idea that we should be able to recall our MPs and hold them to account. Whatever happened to that idea? :|

It is ok Purdy. Spitting at them is the new recalling.

I'm surprised that Sheffield folk are prepared to drive to London, just for revenge. :roll:

Archived