Sheffield cleansing dept1970's-1980's anyone who used to work there ?

kazumah

Hi Kazumah, My son worked at Lumley Street although he did go up to Bernards Road on some sort of rota basis he is called Paul,it's strange you now being in Leamington as my wife moved up to Sheffield from Wellesbourne a good few years ago now. A couple of names spring to mind from Lumley Street, Paul Coggin who I beieve was a shop steward, a chap called Andy and Rob the painter who I think still works there and Geoff who was the chargehand sadly I cant put surnames to these people.

Hi. jacko1

Is your son called paul Jacklin as I worked with him along with paul coogin, jeff betts, Andy Wyatt etc. if it is i would love to know how he is doing we were only talking about him the other day as I still work there along with some of his old work mates

Hi Mick & Janet, Yes it's me and Paul is well in fact he visited us earlier today with our 4 year old grandson David, who is a right handful, Paul now has a driving school, after working for a couple of firms prior to that. I spoke to Rob about a fortnight ago. We all hope you are all well at your end and I havent had a decent haircut for years !!!!!!!

P.S. to an earlier statement regarding Tony Copeland I appologise to everyone regarding what I wrote but at the time the information I gave was what someone had given me and I believed it to be true, sadly this was not so, once again sorry to all concerned.

Archived