Elephants in Thailand forced to walk tightrope as a tourist attraction..

in Asia in as a whole, not just Thailand, the notion of animals rights, indeed environmentalism in general as a whole, has a long way to go.

Tsk, those backward Johnny foreigners, jolly god job were there to show them how to behave.

I think you'll find elephants eat a lot more than a bun. Ever seen any in the wild? They eat tons.

actually, on reflection, the animals walking on these metal tightropes might not be in itself any evidence of abuse.

it just boils down to whether or not you think circus-type entertainment involving animals is abuse and/or cruel, or whether you don't. Some people think that it is, others including most Thais and other Asians, think that it isn't.

Walking on a rope actually shows off the remarkable balance and agility elephants possess, which is nothing short of amazing for such a big animal. Elephants do this naturally as well when navigating hilly jungle terrain. So in a way, this show displays elephants in a positive fashion.

whether this constitutes abuse depends on the training methods used, which the article doesn't tell us about. So don't necessarily think these animals are being abused in the way that elephants forced to walk through totally unsuitable busy city streets for idiot tourists to gawp at clearly are.

Link here.

Sick!

Can't say much more really.

god i hope you dont see the football games they do, or the standing on 2 front legs with their back legs in the air, or the maths game they play. or the basket ball games they play

i agree with some of what you stating, but in reality, the elephants ARE WELL LOOKED AFTER,

when your there they are happy, when you read this rubbish your reading this from 1 side

Archived