Do you have any hope for the future?

Do you have any hope for the future?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have any hope for the future?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont care

You guys are too optimistic.

Total nuclear annihilation, genetic experiments gone wrong, biological weapon research or use getting out of hand, natural evolution of viruses, GM food poisoning, global natural disasters, fertility decreasing to zero, ionoshere depletion allowing solar radiation in, galactic collissions, alien attack, LHC creating a black hole, the list goes on.

When you consider all these things in isolation are pretty likely, then add them up, I’d say we have till next Tuesday …

well Im gonna get bladdred this weekend then sod it :roll:

Do you have any hope for the future of the human race? Are we going to destroy ourselves or does humanity have a longish term future? Do you even care?

The planet will bring us back in line with a sustainable population. Bad news for some, good news for the sustainability of humanity.

I'm just watching a programme recorded last night about Robert Mugabe's regime and the farmers and things like that really make me think that as a species we will just damage the planet and destroy each other sooner or later.

The planet will be a lot better off once we're gone.

I think if overpopulation doesn't break out of its bubble as a taboo issue then nature's going to do the job anyway. I think epidemics will make a comeback (though in some parts they never went away) and even if that doesn't cut back numbers, the pressures on fresh water supplies will inevitably cause either dehydration/starvation or war. People worry about fighting over oil, I think water will be the new war frontier. As for economic matters, I think crises force new solutions eventually. I really don't envy the young and upcoming adults in the terms I took for granted at that age. However, I believe they will provide the impetus, ideas and energy to create a shift in how we live and our paradigm of expectations.

What's frustrating is the wall of denial among millions of people that there are issues to face, and that the presumption of a certain way of life is not our divine right and is in fact on borrowed time.

On a personal level I've been forced to change my whole view of life anyway, on many levels, and sometimes I find it actually exciting and sometimes scary. The biggest difficulty is that the roster of skills, knowledge and talents I have is completely disconnected to how society at large categorises me and what I'm able to do in the world. I'm in limbo but at least now I know my limitations and boundaries far better than even a year ago. I've no idea what fate will throw up (diced carrots and undigested weetabix I suppose).

Archived