New age of terror is sweeping across Europe

These are scary times we live in............any suggestions how to get around this situation tho?

times have always been scary, however we need to remember that we live in the 24hr global rolling news environment which means they have to find stories to fill the schedules. a consequence of this is the unleashing of great waves of unnecessary hysteria.

greece has had a left wing terrorist problem since the the 1970's with its current economic problems it is not surprising there has been a bit of a resurgence.

He does get about. I quite enjoy spotting the multi-personas on here, it's like playing Where's Wally.

No,not me or my brother.

Nice to see someone with their eyes open.

Welcome.:)

There seems to be conlicting reports about this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11692942

Was is 17 mins from exploding ?i thought it was on its way to jewish bankers,or was that another one ?

• 2 months later...

This article in The Guardian puts the threat of Islamic terrorism into perspective: What makes Arizona's killer just a loner, not a terrorist?

Here's the bit which should have Islamaphobes sleeping soundly tonight (my bold)

The picture is not dissimilar on this side of the Atlantic. The EU's little-noticed Terrorism Situation and Trend Report revealed that in 2009 there were "294 failed, foiled, or successfully executed attacks" in six European countries. The vast majority of these attacks – 237 – were carried out by separatist groups, such as the Basque Eta.

A further 40 terrorist incidents were by leftwing and anarchist groups, while rightwing terrorists were held responsible for four of the attacks. How many attacks were classed as having been committed by Islamists? Just one. That is the same number of attacks as committed by the CAV (Comité d'action viticole), a French group that campaigns against the import of foreign wine. In 2008, again according to EU figures, there were no attacks by Islamists at all. In 2007, there were four Islamist attacks out of 583.

The whole article is interesting but given the predisposition of some forumers to blame Islam for all the world's ills I thought I'd highlight the bit which will reassure them.

Archived