Poppies and 'grief facism'

Agree with him, it's his choice.

Even if people were angry at him as he refused to wear it full stop, I would think he was right and they were wrong, but he does actually wear one, just on the one day it is centred around, not the weeks leading up to it.

Some people just like to have a whinge.

And perhaps he is worried the garish red of a poppy would clash with the sombre colours of his tie and socks?

Funny that's what I thought..the day they start doing poppies in shades of lime, he'll probably never stop wearing one. ;)

Even if people were angry at him as he refused to wear it full stop, I would think he was right and they were wrong, but he does actually wear one, just on the one day it is centred around, not the weeks leading up to it.

When this story first reared its head some years ago, I got the impression that he does wear one for a week or so before hand: it's only while on television that he refuses, because he refuses to allow his bosses to order him to wear it.

When this story first reared its head some years ago, I got the impression that he does wear one for a week or so before hand: it's only while on television that he refuses, because he refuses to allow his bosses to order him to wear it.

Thats my kind of argument, I'll happily do something until Im ordered to:hihi:

Totally his choice. To be honest, it makes me sick when I see some people on TV who have sent thousands in to war, knowingly, ill-equipped and prepared, wearing their poppy with pride, and not looking after the injured as they should after they've got back. But Snowy's not one of 'em.:)

T.V. presenters ought to be forced to wear red noses, dunces caps and have a pillow stuffed down their shirts, to remember our dear ex-Deputy Prime Minister and would-be world boxing champion------Mr. Johnathen Prescott of that ilk.

They can afford to pay millions for Jonathan Ross, yet can't afford a few grand to have the weathergirls broadcast naked to brighten up the day when given the news of rain

Yup. I agree with him too - it's his choice he should be allowed to do what he feels. However it would be good if all presenters wore one to remind the rest of us buy one! And to donate a decent sum in so doing.

The idea of wearing one is a personal mark of respect..not to remind others that they should also. I certainly wouldn't wear one because some celeb on TV wore one, knowing more than likely s/he only wore it because of your implication, which is he/she is wearing it because the producer probably says so. Which gets us back to "grief fascism".

Archived