Vodafone is a joke! Avoid like the plague.

you havent fallen foul of a 'fair usage policy' have you?

those things that are designed to make an unlimited plan anything but unlimited........

Probably, that's what I'd like to find out but as it stands I have no way of doing that so there's nothing I can do about it.

those things that are designed to make an unlimited plan anything but unlimited........

It's the same with their calls, they initially told me their highest tariff had unlimited minutes, the guy then went on to say 'up to a maximum of 3000'... :loopy: that's not unlimited then is it, it's 3000 so why not just say that in the first place. It's about £70 a month for 3000 minutes whereas on O2 it's £60 for actual unlimited minutes.

It's the same with their calls, they initially told me their highest tariff had unlimited minutes, the guy then went on to say 'up to a maximum of 3000'... :loopy: that's not unlimited then is it, it's 3000 so why not just say that in the first place. It's about £70 a month for 3000 minutes whereas on O2 it's £60 for actual unlimited minutes.

how much???? im sorry but thats scandalous. i thought my £30 a month contract (orange) that i just cancelled was too expensive!

have you still got your terms and conditions? or look it up on their website to see what their idea of 'fair use' is.

how much???? im sorry but thats scandalous. i thought my £30 a month contract (orange) that i just cancelled was too expensive!

have you still got your terms and conditions? or look it up on their website to see what their idea of 'fair use' is.

It appears to go up to 5GB at the highest end but I can't find specific details for my plan. The website is not set out very well at all.

Unbelieveable!!! I've just spoken to a Vodafone representative and even though my plan states I have unlimited data he says that there is no such thing within Vodafone and that they only offer 500mb, which I know very well is the standard amount you get even on the lower tariffs!! Then £5 for every 500mb after that. Rubbish.

Conversation went like this:

You: hi, do you have a mobile internet fair usage policy?

Joseph: Yes

You: I am on the unlimited data plan but I keep getting texts saying I will be charged an extra £5, I get them every couple of days

Joseph: You get 500MB of data for £5 according to the fair usage policy

You: So I don't actually get unlimited internet?

Joseph: That's true

You: So on the unlimited data plan how much GB am I entitled to use for free?

Joseph: If you exceed 500MB of data then you get charged more £5 and get more 500MB

Joseph: Can you provide me with the vodafone mobile number?

You: That's not very much data! I thought unlimited internet would be at least a few GB.

You: 07**********

Joseph: Please provide me with the date of birth for security reason?

You: 09/12/85

Joseph: Thanks

Joseph: I have checked and can see that you have 500Mb on the account

Joseph: The maximum that we offer is 1GB for iphone plan

You: So there is no such thing as unlimited data?

Joseph: There is no such thing

You: ok, any chance you can see how much I have been charged this month for extra data?

Joseph: According the the vodafone survey only 3% of the people exceed the 500MB

Joseph: in the bill

Joseph: ?

You: Yes please

Unbelieveable!!! I've just spoken to a Vodafone representative and even though my plan states I have unlimited data he says that there is no such thing within Vodafone and that they only offer 500mb, which I know very well is the standard amount you get even on the lower tariffs!! Then £5 for every 500mb after that. Rubbish.

do you have any paperwork where it states that you have unlimited data?

(contract hopefully. did they write the details of the plan you took out on it?) im sure they are supposed to send you a legally binding document stating what you have signed up for?

if you had been told you had 'unlimited' data usage, but actually only have 500mb a month, then that smacks of mis-selling to me. could be worth complaining about?

but..... you will need to be able to prove it, i think. hence needing the contract with details of your tariff written on.

(or you are on unlimited usage, they have a problem with their accounts and the person you talked to doesnt have a clue either. never rule out incompentence in these cases....)

do you have any paperwork where it states that you have unlimited data?

(contract hopefully. did they write the details of the plan you took out on it?) im sure they are supposed to send you a legally binding document stating what you have signed up for?

if you had been told you had 'unlimited' data usage, but actually only have 500mb a month, then that smacks of mis-selling to me. could be worth complaining about?

but..... you will need to be able to prove it, i think. hence needing the contract with details of your tariff written on.

(or you are on unlimited usage, they have a problem with their accounts and the person you talked to doesnt have a clue either. never rule out incompentence in these cases....)

I'll have to dig out the paper contract because I can't get any details from the website, hopefully it will be on there.

Well it's not the data usage that's racked up the bill... at least I've learnt that...

Joseph: You have just been charged for using the Internet in spain

Joseph: you have not exceeded the internet usage on the account

You: I have paid for the usage in spain on the last bill haven't I?

Joseph: It in the current bill also

Joseph: the usages as on the 22/09/2010 10:31:28

You: why is that? I was only there for 3 days last month

You: How much have I been charged for usage in spain?

Joseph: so you have just been charged £3.408 this month

You: How much have I been charged for usage in spain in total?

Joseph: you have been charged £57.12 in Spain overall

Well it's not the data usage that's racked up the bill... at least I've learnt that...

Joseph: You have just been charged for using the Internet in spain

Joseph: you have not exceeded the internet usage on the account

You: I have paid for the usage in spain on the last bill haven't I?

Joseph: It in the current bill also

Joseph: the usages as on the 22/09/2010 10:31:28

You: why is that? I was only there for 3 days last month

You: How much have I been charged for usage in spain?

Joseph: so you have just been charged £3.408 this month

You: How much have I been charged for usage in spain in total?

Joseph: you have been charged £57.12 in Spain overall

makes more sense. i thought they had banned excessive mobile charges for use overseas though???

Archived