What ever happened to new age travellers ?

He does have a point though doesn't he? Thatcher hated them. Battle of the beanfield, anybody?

I hated thatcher more than anyone at one point but fgs she is a frail old lady now and for people to carry on so much bitterness and hatred towards her even after all these years just makes me realise what a pathetic and self distructive race the human species is.

There is no wonder we are on a self wipe out mission!

I hated thatcher more than anyone at one point but fgs she is a frail old lady now and for people to carry on so much bitterness and hatred towards her even after all these years just makes me realise what a pathetic and self distructive race the human species is.

There is no wonder we are on a self wipe out mission!

Just because someone is old doesn't wipe out the evil they did.

Just because someone is old doesn't wipe out the evil they did.

No it does not but where is the sense of forgiveness?

So where did they get the funds to finance their lifestyle while most of us were working?.

Can't speak for anyone else but i used to read tarot cards to earn a living.

Hey I had the dockers, LSD and Hash, But I never did much travelling :D

Nor did most of the "travellers" as far as I recall. I think that was a large part of the problem: they would move on somewhere, and stay as long as they possibly could, then get evicted and leave a mess (hard to tidy up when you're being evicted).

But of course, because it is so hard to find a decent spot, you would hang on to one as long as you could.

Perhaps the answer would have been to provide sites? Or even to just allow sites to be provided.

So where did they get the funds to finance their lifestyle while most of us were working?.

It is a very cheap lifestyle, and many of them did various types of work.

I understand the big free festivals which gave birth to the "movement" were fully functioning communities... Probably why Maggie hated them so much.

He does have a point though doesn't he? Thatcher hated them. Battle of the beanfield, anybody?

Them were the days. When swampy got his arse handed to him and dragged out of that tree.

Swampy was nothing to do with the Beanfield. The beanfield was when Maggie sent the army in to dismantle the "peace convoy".

Some might consider it as ethnic cleansing.

Really?

Well it were a long time ago, your probably right.

Wouldnt go so far as to say we need people like him though.

As i remember it he was a bit of a traitor in the end.

Carved out a decent (although short lived) media career where he earned a big wad of cash.

Something of a sellout?

I would, who saved Stanton Moor from further quarrying and in doing so saved potential damage to the Nine Ladies.

Archived