A muslim world?

Isn't it because so many muslims are indoctrinated and brain washed from birth into becoming muslims and reciting the Koran ad nauseum, that it conditions them and makes them more susceptible to being brain washed and indoctrinated by the radicals?

or insert the christian versions!

charitable pehhaaaa

the crusades!

Im not getting you, you want us to be responsibly for our history from decades ago?

Your not one of those head bangers that expect everyone to have a guilt complex about something like slavery are you ?

Much as I would like to I just can't feel guilty about the Crusades or the slaves I never had, Im more concerned with more recent events and stuff I can do something about.

Have skimmed through this thread. In answer to the OP, surely it's the same mindset as any form of fanaticism? Blinkered and extreme thinking and the blind belief that they are right and everyone else is wrong to such an extent that they are prepared to kill in the name of and to further their cause. It's the same with extreme Christians who blow up abortion clinics and murder doctors or those lunatic animal rights activists who send letter bombs and blow up laboratories. It's all madness.

Have skimmed through this thread. In answer to the OP, surely it's the same mindset as any form of fanaticism? Blinkered and extreme thinking and the blind belief that they are right and everyone else is wrong to such an extent that they are prepared to kill in the name of and to further their cause. It's the same with extreme Christians who blow up abortion clinics and murder doctors or those lunatic animal rights activists who send letter bombs and blow up laboratories. It's all madness.
They do it to preserve life :loopy::hihi:

What they don't do it for is to promote their religion as it being the only option, but there's a point to some degree although not the same.

I think you are 100% wrong, anyone can be driven to this kind of thing, it just takes the right motivator. Perhaps if you saw your family killed and then some seemingly wise man came and explained how god wants you to take revenge then you'd do it too.Thinking of these people as 'evil' is completely pointless. 1stly, it doesn't explain anything, it just gives them a label and moves the problem back a step.

Secondly, it offers no solution whatsoever.

Thirdly, it is just as baseless as blaming the whole thing on religion.

How many terrorists do you read about their parents or people who knew them saying things like "he was such a good boy" or "he was a nice guy, I'd never expect this".

These people are not psychopaths, it is naive and ignorant to think they are.

There is obviously a lot of factors that play a part in driving someone to 'martrying' themselves, and to discount them all and just say it's because they're 'evil' is imo complete idiocy.

Been reading the comics again jimmyboy.

psychopath(psy¦cho|path)

a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behaviour informal an unstable and aggressive person

Im not getting you, you want us to be responsibly for our history from decades ago?

Your not one of those head bangers that expect everyone to have a guilt complex about something like slavery are you ?

Much as I would like to I just can't feel guilty about the Crusades or the slaves I never had, Im more concerned with more recent events and stuff I can do something about.

Christianity is responsible for most of the horrors in our history. Its not the reason we are charitable at all.

Archived