A muslim world?

I feel quite strongly about this, I think that thinking the way you do is dangerous because it doesn't explain anything, offers no solutions and is in fact counter productive because any attempt to change things can be met with 'these people will do this kind of thing anyway'. I do think you're naive, and if you really weren't ignorant of what I was saying then I think you're being even more naive.
I feel quite strongly about it too, one of my children works in the capital and uses public transport regularly to go about his business, so his safety is never far from my mind.

I didn't realise I was required to offer solutions, the question in the OP was about why some Muslims resort to terrorism, and I thought I answered it quite unequivocally in my first post to the thread. Incidentally, at no time have I suggested it's pointless doing anything because 'these people will do this kind of thing anyway', if you believe that's the case then you've misunderstood my position-I dont believe all sociopaths resort to killing.

I firmly believe that it's the indoctrination that empowers them to behave this way, but by the same token I don't believe the dogma is entirely responsible, there exists something in their psychology that enables them to behave this way, just my opinion of course.

Do you have any evidence for this or is it just a baseless opinion?

In which case why should anyone pay anymore attention to it than they do when some BNP fool says its all because of Islam?

I'm not asking anyone to pay any attention to it as I wasn't seeking approval, I offered an opinion, just as you have and one in which you have no more or less compelling reasoning than I have in mine.

Isn't it because so many muslims are indoctrinated and brain washed from birth into becoming muslims and reciting the Koran ad nauseum, that it conditions them and makes them more susceptible to being brain washed and indoctrinated by the radicals?

I certainly believe that's a part of it, but it could apply to the children of all religious fundamentalists, but not all of them are attracted to indiscriminate acts of terrorism.

This doesn't make sense. Just because people are still donating to charity that doesn't prove we are christians.
No,but its about a way of life, a mind set is what I speak of. Like I said we are Christians without knowing it, our society is based on Christianity and thus we live that life whether you consider yourself to preach Christianity or not, you cant help but life a life that Christ promoted.

I certainly believe that's a part of it, but it could apply to the children of all religious fundamentalists, but not all of them are attracted to indiscriminate acts of terrorism.
No matter what you believe the danger is in thinking that there is only one way and no tolerance of any other way of thinking. That's the problem that stems from it.

No,but its about a way of life, a mind set is what I speak of. Like I said we are Christians without knowing it, our society is based on Christianity and thus we live that life whether you consider yourself to preach Christianity or not, you cant help but life a life that Christ promoted.

no we are not, you cannot decide that someone is christian just because they show the values you agree with.

Islam is the religion responsible for the modern horrors in our present and future.

I know what concerns me the most.

what about the koran burning?

what about those lovely christians in america that think "gays should burn in hell"?

There are militant christians!

Archived