A muslim world?

Your use of the word Zionist clearly demonstrates which side you are on in all this.

I know you judge by your own hardline aggressive standards but I have no hardcore view on either side. It seems to have been the case for decades that the original movement to establish Israel was called Zionism. I would be equally happy to refer to them as Jewish settlers.

I know you judge by your own hardline aggressive standards but I have no hardcore view on either side. It seems to have been the case for decades that the original movement to establish Israel was called Zionism. I would be equally happy to refer to them as Jewish settlers.

But you would say that wouldn't you? That's what I meant when I said, someone can say something, but it doesn't mean they mean what they say or think.

Shouldn't the question be what do the people who finance terrorism hope to gain from it? Without money, terrorists, of whatever hue, would simply be psychopaths with a need to kill and maim. Do the money men have an ideological reason for what they do or is it a power thing?

If the money were traced back to a western, Christian, megalomaniac who was merely funding terrorism to keep alive his/her gun running (drug smuggling, prostitution, delete where appropriate) activities would that transform it from Muslim terrorism to Christian terrorism overnight?

Without wishing to add to the myriad of conspiracy theories, there's a well established link between the Bush and Bin Laden families-as has been said many times before the commercial interests of mega wealthy families and organisations often supercedes the national interests of the countries they claim to represent.

We're drifting from the point, I think deliberately targetting a Muslim wedding would suggest the terrorists aren't particularly concerned about killing Muslims.

This is usually sectarian violence, Sunni versus Shia for example, which was and still is responsible for more deaths and injury in Iraq than the casualties inflicted by Western forces. I'm not certain about it but suspect this was behind the bombings in Jordan.

Saudi Arabia doesn't spend billions on arms from the West because it fears American aggression. The threat from it's Muslim 'brothers' in Iran is its main concern.

Right, there will never be a survey or poll but I think it's safe to say a minority of Muslims worldwide support Al Quaeda and the Taliban. By western democratic principles at least that means they are not genuine Muslims or the unrepresentative fringe of no importance apart from their killing potential.

I'm not sure about that, I think people are more likely to be scared of those people and don't want to upset them. Therefore, they may be publically accepted, but private views may show they are hated by most people in the world because all they do is bring intimidation and violence.

But you would say that wouldn't you? That's what I meant when I said, someone can say something, but it doesn't mean they mean what they say or think.

Trying to debate with you is a struggle as it's all conspiracy theories, double meanings, agendas and crap.

The backbone of my views on this subject is the brilliant 1998 BBC documentary

'The 50 Years War: Israel and the Arabs'.

This contained long detailed interviews with both sides and both sides were happy at their representation. The most unbiased straightforward plain talking source on the whole thorny subject. I suggest you watch it or get the book.

I am an atheist not brought up to have any anti views on any race or religion.

So did the muslim terrorists anticipate this invasion and attack the twin towers just in case?

No. They were going to do something anyway. They foolishly gave Bush a nice excuse to launch an invasion.

That is my reading of history, no doubt you are going to tell me this is wrong and it's far more complicated?

Archived