A muslim world?

..I wasn't suggesting that was the case.

The question was why do these Muslim psychopaths upscale their hatred of people to such an extent that they commit acts of terrorism-in their minds they will seek any justification they can and the West's military involvment in the Middle East has often been cited as one of them.

Yes I agree. It's an excuse and a poor one at that. The religious dogma that grips these societies is the very thing that enables these people to become psychopaths.

Do you not understand how memes work?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/meme

Yes I agree. It's an excuse and a poor one at that. The religious dogma that grips these societies is the very thing that enables these people to become psychopaths.

Do you not understand how memes work?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/meme

Personally, I don't believe it's the dogma that makes them psychopaths, it's a mental condition that isn't 'learnt', however it does mean they're predisposed to acting violently and irrationally towards whatever their grievance is-which in this case is some perceived slight against Islam.

I'm sure if the likes of Peter Sutcliffe had been Muslims, their activities might have been manifested in a similar way.

I'd have to disagree with you there. According to the Pew Forums 23% of the population of the world are followers of the Islamic religion. A further 33% of the world population are Christians and the main tenet of that religion is tolerance.

So if we take as a given that followers of Islam do not find their own religion to be what you've said and that followers of Christ are tolerant then that is 55% of the world's population who don't agree with you.

But the fundamental point here is that I don't agree that the vast majority of people who purport to be xtian or muslim are in fact so. Xtianity in this country has become so watered down that it's fairly benign and has been for at least the past 50 years or so, probably longer. Islam is going through the moderation process atm and is desperately attempting to hold back the tidal wave of scientific, religious and cultural advancements.

Personally, I don't believe it's the dogma that makes them psychopaths, it's a mental condition that isn't 'learnt', however it does mean they're predisposed to acting violently and irrationally towards whatever their grievance is-which in this case is some perceived slight against Islam.

I'm sure if the likes of Peter Sutcliffe had been Muslims, their activities might have been manifested in a similar way.

But your assumption is that these atrocities are only carried out against some perceived invasion force. When I'm talking about atrocities I'm talking about every kind of behaviour that we in the west would descibe as uncivilised and out of touch with modern thinking.

Everyone who I have spoken to that has spent time working in the Arab states all say the following.

Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and Somalis working in the Arab states are treat like dirt by the indigenous population. They only land the lowest of the low work positions, and are told that if they don't like it they can lump it.

So much for a Muslim world, they would soon get short shift from the Arabs if they started implementing their vile acts over there.

Archived