Super Fast Broadband on its way

The "super fast" speeds BT are promising in the future are already available to a lot of people, it's not like BT are offering something new they are behind other companies.

I don't think it's their aim to pretend to be new and ahead of other companies, we already know Virgin are investing more money into rolling out 100mb.

The "super fast" speeds BT are promising in the future are already available to a lot of people, it's not like BT are offering something new they are behind other companies.

Other companies do faster DSL broadband than BT, I'd love to know which ones.

So do Be use BT's network and exchange?

I believe they do, they stipulate a BT line requirement in their signup stuff (or did last time I checked).

As I say, the BT product is probably the same as the Be one (with different T's & C's), but they've rounded it down to avoid confusion.

I wouldn't know, but looking at the advertised speeds then there is a provider that offers a better speed using BT equipment than BT, whether it will materialise in practice is another matter.

So how can they be faster than BT?

Maybe BT cap the speed at 20Mb/s for some reason that isn't immediately obvious. Maybe they don't but know that few will get 24Mb/s and they're being more honest than Be.

Who knows.

I think that they are bending the truth.

They may be, without comparing the two side by side I couldn't say. But they do (at least claim to) offer a faster speed than BT using the same equipment.

Archived