Oldham has to re-run voting (Now Re-Run)

Considering the Lib Dems behaviour in the Isle of Dogs election in 93 and their 'effective campaigning' manual it looks like sour grapes because they have been beaten at their own game. It will be interesting to see if the Lib Dem vote plummets because of the coalition. They may end up wishing they had never forced it.

By any means it seems.

I know. Next thing we know, a bunch of people claiming to be liberals and social democrats will join enthusiastically with a bunch of rabid right wing aristocrats to decimate the welfare state and attack the poor, just to get a taste of office.

• 2 months later...

What do we think is going to be the outcome and what does it mean?

I'd have a punt at Labour winning but by less than 3,000 votes to Lib dems 2nd and Tories third with Greens in 4th.

BNP, UKIP, Pirate Party, Elvis bus-pass party, English Democrats and the Loonies to lose their deposit.

I see it as rretty much a referendum on what labour voters think of the current labour leadership so a big win for labour would be a vote of confidence in Milliband, a narrow margin would suggest they are not impressed.

Archived