Oldham has to re-run voting (Now Re-Run)

Is support for the Cons/Lib Dems so poor that they can't win against a party that have been proven to be corrupt?

That's a pretty sorry state of affairs.

You need to excuse me as I'm a bit new to this politics thing as 2010 was the first election that I've voted in.

Now the party that I voted for hasn't been in power for 70 years, but as a result of the election they are with 5 ministers to show for it. Now I thought that was a victory.

Now you tell me that a real victory is to have a sitting MP chucked out of his seat and locked up for corruption just so the party has a chance of retaining the seat.

This is interesting. So if Milliband were to commit an armed robbery and get 10 years inside, Labour could really gain a major victory by retaining his seat. Well I never.

Mind you it is progress that you admit that the Labour Party have been proven to be corrupt?

Mind you it is progress that you admit that the Labour Party have been proven to be corrupt?

As you've only been around just over a year, I'll forgive you your playground error.

For the record, I usually spoil my papers; the exception being last year, when I voted for one party (rather than them all) it being the Lib Dems. If you read my posts on all the political threads you'll realise that I am in no way a LieBore supporter (nor am I a Conservative supporter).

That really is one pretty sad attempt to defend your party's poor showing.

For the record... There is no coalition party. The GlibDems lost out. Get used to it.

By failing to win in a vote (against the back drop of lies)?

Yep, making a massive difference:rolleyes:.

'tis odd, isn't it.

The Tories have stated that they will campaign against the Lib Dem policy of AV, yet the Lib Dems didn't campaign against the Tory student tuition fees:confused:.

As I said before my glass is half full not empty.

And let’s not forget, the last time a Government party made a by-election gain was in 1982 amid the chaos and fear of the Falklands War

Now the party that I voted for hasn't been in power for 70 years, but as a result of the election they are with 5 ministers to show for it. Now I thought that was a victory.

I hope the five ministers are worth the sacrifice of your principals (and the potential loss of votes).

nd let’s not forget, the last time a Government party made a by-election gain was in 1982 amid the chaos and fear of the Falklands War

And lets not forget the back drop to this by-election either.

Liebore did their usual and lied (nothing new there).

Another election was called.

Lieboore won by a larger majority (%).

It should've been a walk in the park. Yet the LibDems lost by a larger majority than when lies were being told. Maybe this means that if Liebore hadn't lied before, they would've won by a massive majority...

I hope the five ministers are worth the sacrifice of your principals (and the potential loss of votes).

It could have been worse. They talked of a coalition with Labour. That would have been a tragedy.

I find it interesting that you talk about sacrifice of principles. Didn't Labour do that for 13 years?

L/Ds are in power and able to influence policy. That is beter than being in opposition and influencing nothing.

Archived