The gift ideas thread

50 days away but it will come so quickly! Please use this thread to post ideas and links for presents for various age groups...

I thought this was pretty cute.

I really need ideas for what to get my dad... what do all the 50-odd men on here like?? It's almost impossible to think of anything other than the usual; slippers/ socks/ wallet/ booze/ clothes etc. :hihi:

What does your dad usually like? Does he have any hobbies?

What does your dad usually like? Does he have any hobbies?

Apart from the usual male pastimes; watching football, drinking beer and farting :D, he likes to read a lot, puzzles, cooking. I bought him a cookbook once and it has been sitting, untouched, in the bookcase ever since. :( I have loads of brothers and sisters so we have to organise our gift buying like a military operation so we don't double up accidentally. :hihi:

Apart from the usual male pastimes; watching football, drinking beer and farting :D, he likes to read a lot, puzzles, cooking. I bought him a cookbook once and it has been sitting, untouched, in the bookcase ever since. :( I have loads of brothers and sisters so we have to organise our gift buying like a military operation so we don't double up accidentally. :hihi:

How about a kindle from Amazon if he likes reading? Depends on how he feels about technology! Does he like to go to football games? If so, could you and your siblings contribute towards a season ticket? I agree though, men are difficult to buy for!

How about a kindle from Amazon if he likes reading? Depends on how he feels about technology! Does he like to go to football games? If so, could you and your siblings contribute towards a season ticket? I agree though, men are difficult to buy for!

A kindle might be a good idea. I'll have to find out what he's like with reading e-books first. I don't think the season ticket thing would work as he usually just watches footy at home and big games at the pub. :)

A kindle might be a good idea. I'll have to find out what he's like with reading e-books first. I don't think the season ticket thing would work as he usually just watches footy at home and big games at the pub. :)

How about a pub season ticket :hihi:

I see they have loads of free classics to download for the kindle, so if you should get him that you could pre-load it with a few things - good luck and I hope you find something suitable.

This is probably daft but I think men like this sort of thing (?) - how about a weather station?

• 1 year later...

Archived