Has Phil Woolas caused double trouble for the Lib Dems?

Guest sibon

This is what I found in the Guardian..

<Snip>

You missed this bit then:

The byelection could prove an incredibly volatile first test of the coalition. There was speculation today about whether Woolas's actions would count against Labour or whether the party could holds on to the seat because of the Liberal Democrat's plummeting poll ratings.

Yes it was so dishonest how the Lib Dems formed a coalition with the party which got the most support, just like they always said they would :roll:

Given that you’re Labour supporter who seemed to regard the only purpose of the Lib Dems as being to help your incompetent, deficit spending, war starting lot cling onto power that’s hardly surprising now is it.

Which is all lovely Plek. However, none of it adds to the substantive point of this thread.

Have Woolas' actions adversely affected the Lib Dems twice?

Which is all lovely Plek. However, none of it adds to the substantive point of this thread.

Have Woolas' actions adversely affected the Lib Dems twice?

Oh please, the 'point' of this thread was clearly for you a Labour party supporter to disingenuously have another go at the Lib Dems because you're still sulking at them daring to enter into a coalition with a party other than yours.

Oh please, the 'point' of this thread was clearly for you a Labour party supporter to disingenuously have another go at the Lib Dems because you're still sulking at them daring to enter into a coalition with a party other than yours.

No. The point of the thread was to ask whether the rather disgraceful actions of Mr Woolas might inadvertantly hurt the Lib Dems a second time.

The slightly "edgy" response of some Lib Dem supporters suggests that it might.

If I wanted to have a go at the Coalition, I could think of about a hundred threads to start.

That about sums it up. It also tars the OP with the same brush as Woolas and his agent. Is there a common factor here?

Would any party or its supporters sink so low as to hope for electoral gain from their own corrupt practices? It seems they would.

That about sums it up. It also tars the OP with the same brush as Woolas and his agent. Is there a common factor here?

In what way does it tar me with the same brush as Phil Woolas.

To be honest, wellyman, you really haven't made a lot of sense throughout this thread.

Perhaps you'd like to explain your claim in a little more detail.

Will the voters of Oldham East and Saddleworth partake in a two horse Tory/Labour race?

I think it more likely that they will take part in a Labour/Libdem race with the Tories not fielding a candidate. The coalition gained 62% of the vote despite the disgusting actions of the Labour Party and stand to win an extra seat if they play it right. But who knows if Labour have any integrity they would probably not field a candidate in a seat they should never have won.

Results from the election..

Labour Phil Woolas 14,186

Liberal Democrat Elwyn Watkins 14,083

Conservative Kashif Ali 11,773

BNP Alwyn Stott 2,546

UKIP David Bentley 1,720

Christian Gulzar Nazir 212

Majority 103

I think it more likely that they will take part in a Labour/Libdem race with the Tories not fielding a candidate. The coalition gained 62% of the vote despite the disgusting actions of the Labour Party and stand to win an extra seat if they play it right. But who knows if Labour have any integrity they would probably not field a candidate in a seat they should never have won.

Results from the election..

Labour Phil Woolas 14,186

Liberal Democrat Elwyn Watkins 14,083

Conservative Kashif Ali 11,773

BNP Alwyn Stott 2,546

UKIP David Bentley 1,720

Christian Gulzar Nazir 212

Majority 103

Why wouldn't the Tories field a candidate?

Archived