Tassimo or Dolce Gusto?

Thinking of getting either one of these myself? I know this is an old thread but thought the people who recommended the Dolce Gusto would still recommend one 3 years on? For someone like me who likes their Latte's.

Or is a Nespresso the way to go?

Neither. They cost a fortune to run and the drinks are not the most brilliant.

Don't get me wrong, they are way better than instant coffee but a proper espresso machine isn't much more and will give you way better coffee and it's not a difficult skill to learn.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-EC330S-Machine/dp/B000C3MLJS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1381969882&sr=8-6&keywords=delonghi+coffee+machine

Instead of adding a cartridge, you just spoon in the coffee and turn it on then press the buttons...

If you really do want a cartridge style machine then I have friends who have one or the other machines (and they tend to have almost religious style wars about it) The Tassimo gives better coffee IME but that's just personal preference of course.

Thinking of getting either one of these myself? I know this is an old thread but thought the people who recommended the Dolce Gusto would still recommend one 3 years on? For someone like me who likes their Latte's.

Or is a Nespresso the way to go?

We still have an original dolce gusto and it's used daily for lattes mainly and hot chocolates. We'd still stick with the DG over the others still.

I have one of these (well a similar one anyway), and whilst they make great coffee they are not exactly quick. Consequently I rarely use mine as I can't be bothered and just use my cafetiere instead.

jb

Neither. Buy a gaggia and learn to make it properly

You are paying for the name though - pull a gaggia and a delonghi apart and they are the same thing really - you'll get just as good coffee out of that delonghi as you will out of a £200 Gaggia.

Now if you up the anti and get a "proper" gaggia I'll agree, but you'll be stiffing out nearly a grand for a coffee machine which not everyone wants to do...

We have the cafetierre for fresh ground coffee and a quality filter machine to make good brewed coffee.

I do have to admit that a DG isn't meant to be the same, it's like comparing a mobile phone camera to a proper camera.

The big advantage of a DG is that one cup of latte,followed by espresso followed by a hot chocolate,with no extra pots,no frothing milk etc etc.

They're a convenience and not a proper brewed coffee machine.

Archived