Car headlight bulbs

hi i've been seeing alot of cars with very intense blue headlight bulbs i'm just wondering what bulbs there are as i really want some :) thanks

They are HID xenon bulbs. You shouldn't fit these aftermarket as they are really only to be used with projector style head lamps, they are supposed to be self leveling and have lense cleaning spray jets too. You can get kits off eBay for about £80 though.

The other alternative is they could also be cheap nasty eBay bulbs that are blue. The light given off is rubbish and they don't always pass an MOT. These are about £10 per set.

I wouldn't waste your money on either, get a set of Phillips Extreme+80. Best headlight bulbs I've had.

hi at the moment i've got philips blue vison bulbs in and there crap lol

Well, good job I didn't recommend them isn't it. The Phillips extremem are great. Bulbs that are blue (unless factory fitted HID systems) are crap.

I looked at Halfords at you can get super-brilliant bulbs which are 30% brighter for a few pounds extra, or you could get a Xenon conversion kit which is probably a lot more expensive.

I've herd the Xenon kits are bloooody expensive also, to be fair I don't see the appeal, basic bulbs do me fine.

Archived