Netherlands lifts smoking ban!

After having to put up with the smoking ban for the last 6 or so years, it doesnt actually bother me going outside for a fag

BUT....

If the law changed as it has in the Netherlands then I would definitely be giving the smoking pubs my custom and not the non smoking ones.

A question to Malky and the rest of the non smokers on here.

Why would it bother you so much for some pubs to be smoking pubs and others left as they are, you dont have to go in them.

Another thought...

Some say that revenue in pubs has increased since the smoke ban, (although there are record number of pubs closing) :huh:

But, if there was two pubs side by side, one allowing smoking and one not, which do you think would be the more profitable?

I wonder.

Don't expect a response to such a question from Malky!

So what’s the problem then it’s a win win situation ………… oops I am not supposed to be posting now am I.

Just like it would be a win win situation having smoking pubs & none smoking pubs you mean?

I could give you a perfectly good answer but its all been done before and you know it as. :roll:

No you can't! Give me a good reason for not allowing smoking in a pub ran by a landlord that smokes & doesn't employ staff, or only employs staff that smoke.

health and safety at work act

Rule number 1

It shall be the duty of every employer to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his employees.

I don't understand what you mean? How is it the landlords responsibility to ensure the health of a smoker when they already smoke?:huh:

I can't wait for rule number 2!

Archived