Netherlands lifts smoking ban!

and what has this got to do with smoking in your house :loopy:

Just answering your question about whether council's have the right to dictate what tennants do in council owned properties. I think your nicotine patch might need changing.:loopy::loopy::loopy:

Good on the Dutch for breaking the mould. I'm not a smoker, but I suppose it would give more consumer choice, ie you can choose to go to a smokers pub or a non-smokers pub. If they did it here might even see a few of the boarded up pubs being reopened as smoking establishments. I don't think it would be the death of the non-smoking pub, far too many people prefer not to go home sinking of cigs and would choose the non-smoky pubs.

Afaik, part of the argument against smoking is it harms the staff, but the Dutch are only allowing it in owner run establishments, which seems sensible as the only person working there at risk will be the owner.

Just like it would be a win win situation having smoking pubs & none smoking pubs you mean?

They do, although I am yet to find any pub that doesn't allow smoking. They just put restrictions on where people can smoke. A bit like every other business in the country really.

i beleive its now council policy that if your having a work man round to do work in your house you must not have smoked for 30 min before he turns up .

I think your talking a load of rubbish aren't you?? Where and when did this policy come in to force? If it's Seffield council, I'm glad I pay my tax to Derbyshire council!

Why would it bother you so much for some pubs to be smoking pubs and others left as they are, you dont have to go in them.

Don't expect a response to such a question from Malky!

Yep, looks like the question was far too difficult for any o

f them

Here we go again for those in need of some spec’s

health and safety at work act

Rule number 1

It shall be the duty of every employer to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his employees.

It shall be the duty of every employer to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his employees.

"So far as is reasonably practicable,"

Doesn't quite have the same force as.

It shall be the duty of every employer to ensure the health, safety and welfare at work of all his employees

Archived