Netherlands lifts smoking ban!

Here we go again for those in need of some spec’s

health and safety at work act

Rule number 1

It shall be the duty of every employer to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his employees.

What you mean?

You have not made any attempt to answer the question.

I suggest you go back and put your specs on and first read the OP including the link and then read the question again.

Here we go again for those in need of some spec’s

health and safety at work act

Rule number 1

It shall be the duty of every employer to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his employees.

I used to work in a food packing factory when I was a teen. I had to sign a contract that waivered the european working laws so I could do back to back day & night shifts. A landloard can make an employee (who smokes) sign s similar contract.

What about a small land lord run pub that doesn't employ any staff??

Out of all the EU countries that have introduced smoking bans, ours is the most ridiculous - all the other EU countries have brought in sensible restrictions.

http://www.amendthesmokingban.com

I think our's seems sensible to sensible people. As smoking restrictions have come into place and folk have got used to them it seems bizzare that smoking was allowed in the first place. I cannot imagine for example someone smoking on an aeroplane, in a butchers shop, a nursery, a doctors waiting room or a hospital. Yet only a few years ago the inconsiderate would happily light up in all those places.

I think our's seems sensible to sensible people. As smoking restrictions have come into place and folk have got used to them it seems bizzare that smoking was allowed in the first place. I cannot imagine for example someone smoking on an aeroplane, in a butchers shop, a nursery, a doctors waiting room or a hospital. Yet only a few years ago the inconsiderate would happily light up in all those places.

Quite so. Smoking ought to be banned in confined public spaces too, such as at bus stops and other open air queues.

I think your talking a load of rubbish aren't you?? Where and when did this policy come in to force? If it's Seffield council, I'm glad I pay my tax to Derbyshire council!

This you mean.

"...We therefore ask if you would do everything possible to provide a smoke free environment when staff visit you in your home.

How to Protect Staff from Exposure to Second-hand Smoke

Refrain from smoking inside the house for at lease [sic] 1 hour before they arrive.

If reasonable to do so, open windows and doors to fully ventilate the area.

Try to keep one room smoke free at all times.

During the Visit

Do not smoke or let anyone else in the house smoke in the area.

Wherever possible, when the member of staff is in the house, ask other smokers to go outside to smoke.

Archived