Sad news of George Gill

bullerboY

I am sorry Pat I have just checked Johns emails ( he never remembers to check them!!) and have found yours there, for anyone who would like to be at George's internment the details are

11.30 am Saturday 14th May - Hutcliffe Wood Gardens of Rememberance, short grave side service for interment of ashes (gathering at the Halls of Remembrance entrance around 11.10 am

12.15 Executive Lounge for refreshments, Beauchief Hotel

George played with Scott William just before Dave Hawley and myself joined the Scott William Combo.Always got on great with George.He played a red Gibson 335 at the time and loved Chuck Berry!.................I think Scott William is still in Germany,sure he would like to hear about George if anyone knows how to contact him!

George played with Scott William just before Dave Hawley and myself joined the Scott William Combo.Always got on great with George.He played a red Gibson 335 at the time and loved Chuck Berry!.................I think Scott William is still in Germany,sure he would like to hear about George if anyone knows how to contact him!

Hi. Yes, George did love Chuck*Berry. When he* appeared at the City Hall, George was up on his feet, right in front of the stage, "playing along" with Chuck on an invisible guitar. My friend and I were only talking about it the other day. Lovely memories. I knew the family from my Grimesthorpe days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Pat you will gather from my user name who I am. Very sorry to hear about George and even more sorry I missed the short service to remember him

Ken

Hello Rainbow (Are you John's wife?)

I am George Gill's sister. I have arranged an interment of ashes service for George (details below). George as you may know died of throat cancer in Oeringen, Germany in November last year. He desperately wanted to get well to come back to Sheffield and see his old friends. He was making his second CD and said he wanted Sheffield musicians to play with him. Unfortunately he didn't make it but I have brought his ashes home to be interred in his mother's grave. The service will be short, nearby the grave. If any of George's old friends, musicians would like to come you are welcome or perhaps you could join us for a drink at the Beachief (Executive Lounge). His daughter Julie will be coming from Australia and a few of his German friends so it will be a small gathering.

We will gather at the Halls of Remembrance entrance, Hutcliffe Wood Gardens of Remembrance at 11.10

Afterwoods The Executive Lounge, The Beauchief Hotel, Abbeydale Road at 12.15

I do appreciate that you all have busy lives and may not be able to come but I wanted to let you know.

Best wishes

Patricia Watson nee Gill

Archived