Now this takes the biscuit.(cyclists)

So im sat at the traffic lights at the junction of granvil road and (i think) leadmill road. Im approx 20 metres away from the lights and moving slowly.

Then some moron on a pushbike decided to take a free ride using my wing mirror as a handle. I asked him (politly) to let go and his response was

"****off!!!, you dont own the roads"

Kind of shook me up a bit with be being a new driver and all.

Is this what i have to look forward to now im driving?

Ignorant aggressive people doing their upmost to intimidate other road users?

So im sat at the traffic lights at the junction of granvil road and (i think) leadmill road. Im approx 20 metres away from the lights and moving slowly.

Then some moron on a pushbike decided to take a free ride using my wing mirror as a handle. I asked him (politly) to let go and his response was

"****off!!!, you dont own the roads"

Kind of shook me up a bit with be being a new driver and all.

Is this what i have to look forward to now im driving?

Ignorant aggressive people doing their upmost to intimidate other road users?

he is lucky you were a new driver, most experienced drivers would have run him over

he is lucky you were a new driver, most experienced drivers would have run him over

Thats true! us more experienced drivers would've reveresed up and knocked him over a fair few times.

On a serious note though, i can't see this being a true story.

Thats true! us more experienced drivers would've reveresed up and knocked him over a fair few times.

On a serious note though, i can't see this being a true story.

I can and wing mirrors don't fold up if you hold them from above. Why would somebody come on here with a story like that and LIE. Calling somebody a liar without justification is not on:roll:

I can and wing mirrors don't fold up if you hold them from above. Why would somebody come on here with a story like that and LIE. Calling somebody a liar without justification is not on:roll:

Just cant imagine someone holding onto a wing mirror and being abusive like that.

I once grabbed hold of a wing mirror. The van driver was trying to knock me off at the time but all he got for his efforts was a busted side window, wing mirror and a chance to think up an excuse for his boss.

OP, assuming the story is true you have no idea why they were holding your mirror. As a new driver you'd be best off concentrating on your driving than remonstrating with other road users for something that doesn't really hurt you.

I once grabbed hold of a wing mirror. The van driver was trying to knock me off at the time but all he got for his efforts was a busted side window, wing mirror and a chance to think up an excuse for his boss.

OP, assuming the story is true you have no idea why they were holding your mirror. As a new driver you'd be best off concentrating on your driving than remonstrating with other road users for something that doesn't really hurt you.

You may have cracked the story here tony. Maybe the new drive was un aware that he nearly knocked the cyclist over? and in anger he grabbed a hold of the wing mirror.

Archived