Now this takes the biscuit.(cyclists)

I once grabbed hold of a wing mirror. The van driver was trying to knock me off at the time but all he got for his efforts was a busted side window, wing mirror and a chance to think up an excuse for his boss.

OP, assuming the story is true you have no idea why they were holding your mirror. As a new driver you'd be best off concentrating on your driving than remonstrating with other road users for something that doesn't really hurt you.

Are you for real?

1. cyclist should have done it to any driver and

2. if OP had moved off and dragged the fool under car I suppose that would have been drivers fault

Have never heard anything so stupid as to defend cyclist who was abusing driver not other way round

Maybe the new drive was un aware that he nearly knocked the cyclist over? and in anger he grabbed a hold of the wing mirror.

That'll show em, grab their mirror! yar! :hihi:

Fairly sure they do this so that they dont have to take their cycle boots out of the pedals when stopped

Are you for real?

1. cyclist should have done it to any driver and

2. if OP had moved off and dragged the fool under car I suppose that would have been drivers fault

Have never heard anything so stupid as to defend cyclist who was abusing driver not other way round

I certainly am for real and far from defending the cyclist I'm passing on sage wisdom to a new driver so that they may learn from their own mistake and become a better road user in the future.

You seem to have a lot of anger. Perhaps you should avoid using the roads until you calm down? Maybe a short course of tuition with an advanced motorist might help you to gain a better understanding of safe travel?

I certainly am for real and far from defending the cyclist I'm passing on sage wisdom to a new driver so that they may learn from their own mistake and become a better road user in the future.

You seem to have a lot of anger. Perhaps you should avoid using the roads until you calm down? Maybe a short course of tuition with an advanced motorist might help you to gain a better understanding of safe travel?

1. I wasn't the driver of the car and cyclist had no right to grab their mirror whether they were new driver or not and the cyclist was the angry one if you read OPs first thread

2. I have had a clean licence since 1984

Archived