Fireworks should be banned!!

Well in that case, dogs should <removed> man up.

I sleep through fireworks, and when I had a dog, they made him jump when set off randomly, but he wasn't scared. Plus, if I had to wake up to fireworks going off when I was younger, then so should everyone else :)

Well in that case, dogs should <removed> man up.

I sleep through fireworks, and when I had a dog, they made him jump when set off randomly, but he wasn't scared. Plus, if I had to wake up to fireworks going off when I was younger, then so should everyone else :)

Yeah, the dog's going to understand, perfectly, having jumped at the sound of the explosion, when you explain to it "Nothing to worry about, Rover, it's only the local cretins letting a firework off"

But the point is, it's not just the couple of nights a year.

When I was a kid, and indeed when the young'un was a kid, you got fireworks ON the night, or on the weekend of bonfire night, if it fell midweek.

Nowadays the noise starts even before fireworks are legally for sale, and you get the noise and the nuisance all through October, and often up to December.

i you have a dog that's a nervous wreck at the explosions of fireworks, it was ok, pretty much, back then:- just slip them a tranquilliser for the evening whilst it's all kicking off, and hey-ho, job's a good'un.

But now, when the slack-jawed lackwits are letting them of nightly, you can't be shoving valium down your Alsatian's neck night after night.

If you want to see the son-et-lumiere, go to an organised display.

is it illegal to sell fireworks before november...Am i missing something...:hihi:

I know loads of u will not agree but i was NOT impressed last night with all the fireworks going off till gone 11pm!! I have a toddler and he usually sleeps through BUT last night the fireworks were that bad and loud he woke 3x and had to sleep in my bed.

Nov 5th was not too bad BUT last night was a JOKE. Why do people have to go over board and have it all weekend and have NO repect AT ALL for babaies and toddlers that are TRYING to sleep, and pets as well!!

Bonfire night should have a law. November the 5th till 10pm and that is it. Why go over board and go mad all weekend????

Who agrees and who is one for not giving a rats <removed>?

So what if your baby is kept awake for 1 weekend every year! Get over it!!

is it illegal to sell fireworks before november...Am i missing something...:hihi:

It used to be illegal to sell fireworks before the beginning of October, but the law has, I believe, been altered to encompass Bonfire Nght (ok, bonfire MONTH!) and New Year/ Chinese nNew Year, Diwali, and Eid.

Fireworks should be banned and only public displays allowed, and only on 5th November.

I would like to see it enacted as:-

Only on the night (or weekend) of Bonfire Night itself, (before 10.30 pm)

Only on the night of New Year/Chinese New Year, itself, before 12.30 am.

Ditto for Eid and Diwali.

Archived