Just an observation, but..drinking coke in a pub

Yesterday afternoon, me and the Oh went for a few drinks in our local, now, i live in a student area, so there were a few students in the pub too. But i noticed, they were all drinking pints of coke, apart from the odd 1. Whats that all about? When i was there age, i never went in a pub and drank coke, always had a cider, even the guys were drinking coke. Now, a pint of coke costs about £2, so its not like they cant afford a beer, plus they were all eating pub food aswell. I guess i must have just been a fish when i was there age :hihi:, i just dont see why you would go in a pub and pay £2 for a coke :huh:. And no, im not having a go, i just found it strange that they werent drinking alcohol :hihi:.

Maybe they had to do something that they needed to be sober for, and only met up at the pub?

But there were lots of them, not all together, and all drinking coke. I dont know if its because it was the afternoon, they may have been saving themselves for night time, i dont know :hihi:. But if i went out in the afternoon i NEVER drank coke, but like i said before, i was a fish back then :hihi:

Yesterday afternoon, me and the Oh went for a few drinks in our local, now, i live in a student area, so there were a few students in the pub too. But i noticed, they were all drinking pints of coke, apart from the odd 1. Whats that all about? When i was there age, i never went in a pub and drank coke, always had a cider, even the guys were drinking coke. Now, a pint of coke costs about £2, so its not like they cant afford a beer, plus they were all eating pub food aswell. I guess i must have just been a fish when i was there age :hihi:, i just dont see why you would go in a pub and pay £2 for a coke :huh:. And no, im not having a go, i just found it strange that they werent drinking alcohol :hihi:.

Perhaps they wanted to spend some time together in the pub but didn't want to drink alcohol.

Very observant of you. So wasn't enjoying your meal or the company in, just watching others with interest.

Could be many reasons, religion, work, or just time of day. Maybe a massive hangover and just letting body rehydrate.

I see your point though why pay the same amount for coke when beer almost same price. I take it this was a wetherspoons, drink included?

Very observant of you. So wasn't enjoying your meal or the company in, just watching others with interest.

Could be many reasons, religion, work, or just time of day. Maybe a massive hangover and just letting body rehydrate.

I see your point though why pay the same amount for coke when beer almost same price. I take it this was a wetherspoons, drink included?

No not wetherspoons, and yes, i did enjoy the company i had, im just a generally nosey sod :hihi:

Archived