Just an observation, but..drinking coke in a pub

No not wetherspoons, and yes, i did enjoy the company i had, im just a generally nosey sod :hihi:

Well at least you admit to be nosey. I've got to admit to being nosey in pubs myself, but only look at the female customers, not what people are eating or drinking.

By the way do this in a nice discreet way, or missus will clobber me.

Maybe pub had same deal as Wetherspoons where you get meal and drink for a fiver. Drinks include a short topped up with a soft drink

Actually, thinking about it they do have that deal on, where as you get a meal and a soft drink. They dont have a short in it though. Well done you, observation sorted :D

Actually, thinking about it they do have that deal on, where as you get a meal and a soft drink. They dont have a short in it though. Well done you, observation sorted :D

See the power of the internet, crime sorted. Them evil coke drinkers are in the clear.

Yesterday afternoon, me and the Oh went for a few drinks in our local, now, i live in a student area, so there were a few students in the pub too. But i noticed, they were all drinking pints of coke, apart from the odd 1. Whats that all about? When i was there age, i never went in a pub and drank coke, always had a cider, even the guys were drinking coke. Now, a pint of coke costs about £2, so its not like they cant afford a beer, plus they were all eating pub food aswell. I guess i must have just been a fish when i was there age :hihi:, i just dont see why you would go in a pub and pay £2 for a coke :huh:. And no, im not having a go, i just found it strange that they werent drinking alcohol :hihi:.

we have a 21 yr old student working with us at the moment - she has a very different approach to booze than I had at her age - she only drinks if she intends to get completely ratted and has a soft drink when we go to the pub for a couple - not a cash thing , more a completely different view of alcohol as a drug - she can't see the point of having a pint or 2 at all - don't know if that's good or bad

Archived