Fireworks and the environment

This annual frenzy of fire pumps more bad stuff into the air than a volcano. I went out on Friday night and it was even smokier than when that volcano in Iceland went off. I was disgusted. There was even dirt outside. Even my bin was dirty. If you can't keep your bin clean what has the world come to etc...

A rocket went off just down the road from me. It exploded with more destructive power than the Mount St. Helens eruption of 1980, spewing out volcanic ash and boulders to a depth of 200 feet making wheelie bin access virtually impossible! :o:D

A rocket went off just down the road from me. It exploded with more destructive power than the Mount St. Helens eruption of 1980, spewing out volcanic ash and boulders to a depth of 200 feet making wheelie bin access virtually impossible! :o:D

At least your wheelie bin is still there, mine has gone awol, I believe it is probably under one of the many boulders littering the street.

I'm sure that all the time you have your pc switched on complaining about the environment, you're actually causing much more damage than the few days of fireworks.

So think about it, you shouldn't really be on here causing all that damage :wave:

So what are you doing on then ?

Woke up this morning and could hardly see anything due to the smog.

Went out to put something in the bin and it was covered in a black film like soot.

I'm assuming this is due to all the fireworks and bonfires over the weekend and still more to come.

Is this any good for the environment? If not why are the gov allowing it year after year?

It can't be just due tradition as fireworks are now sold all year round.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Why you being a fun sponge?

Archived