Anyone eaten at the new Prince of Wales?

samstar999

It is what it is and that is another expensive restaraunt on Eccy Road despite the fact it claims to be "Country Pub" (Couldnt get much closer to the city rather than the country). Food is good but overpriced and you could just nip down the road to Bistro Pierre pay abit less for the same standard of food.

Anyone who thinks they just can walk in for just a few drinks will either be stunned by the prices or be thrown out because they are wearing jeans or the wrong shoes.

I have had two bad experiences with the new prince of wales. the first time i ate their and the food was cold on arrival, took ages to arrive and was pretty bland. For the price they charge you can eat in a local, independant restaurant. i ordered a side order of chips. they never arrived and i could not see a member of staff to ask for them during my meal. I gave the place a second chance to have just drinks with friends on a thursday night. We arrived at half nine however by quarter past ten we were told, rather rudely, that last orders were about to commense and if we wanted a drink to get one their and then. I could understand this if the place was only a restaurant however it bills itself as a country pub. now if it is a pub surely eleven is time at the bar. poor service rubbish food.

It is what it is and that is another expensive restaraunt on Eccy Road despite the fact it claims to be "Country Pub" (Couldnt get much closer to the city rather than the country). Food is good but overpriced and you could just nip down the road to Bistro Pierre pay abit less for the same standard of food.

Anyone who thinks they just can walk in for just a few drinks will either be stunned by the prices or be thrown out because they are wearing jeans or the wrong shoes.

A couple of lesbian friends were asked to leave because the manager didn't feel it was appropriate for them to be there

We gave it a go despite the earlier posts.

The food was good although over-priced & did take a long time to arrive. Drinks are expensive too

Apparently The Sportsman at Crosspool has had the same 'makeover' and The Hammer at Bents Green will follow early next year.

I think next time we'll go back to our usual mid-week haunt, The Cross Scythes at Totley.

Archived