Workfare - Long-term jobless 'made to work'

Do you agree with working for benefits?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with working for benefits?

• Yes
    • No

But what you seem to be ignoring is the benefit of the routine of the job, not the actual job itself. Why cant people just get this??:huh:

Ah, the imaginary 'benefit of the routine of doing manual labour', without the actual real world benefit of being adequately compensated for one's graft!

Truly the Tory/Lib Dem way - work WITHOUT adequate pay!

I can imagine a 'non-volunteer' doing the soul destroying manual job of litter picking, handling and disposing of dirty needles while thinking about how the routine of work is really beneficial to them, especially as they only get less than £2 an hour...

Ah, the imaginary 'benefit of the routine of doing manual labour', without the actual real world benefit of being adequately compensated for one's graft!

I can imagine a 'non-volunteer' doing the soul destroying manual job of litter picking, handling and disposing of dirty needles while thinking about how the routine of work is really beneficial to them, especially as they only get less than £2 an hour...

They're getting their housing paid for as well, which all adds up.

If they want a higher rate, they can try getting a job, heaven forbid we might force the poor poppets to do that.

Have you read any of the earlier posts ?

The unemployed don't get subsidised bus passes. What on earth made you think that they did? They have to pay for their day-to-day travel in just the same way as those in employment.

You live in a Tory inspired fantasy land, where reality rarely intrudes. I truly despair.

No we live in the real world of small business where one can wait 2 months for an invoice to be paid.

That is when you can really despair

I can imagine a 'non-volunteer' doing the soul destroying manual job of litter picking, handling and disposing of dirty needles while thinking about how the routine of work is really beneficial to them,

As I said you really dont get it.

For some people taking a step forward isnt just about money, it is about getting the experience of changing their lives. I guess those with tunnel vision are just not able to see that though

Have you read any of the earlier posts ?
I don't think INTERVIEWER is reading anything but his own rhetoric, and repeating the fallacious mantra of £2 per hour!

Strange behaviour for an interviewer, who is actually only supposed to do one third of the talking and two thirds of the listening! Has he actually ever had an interview, do you suppose? :hihi:

Archived