Workfare - Long-term jobless 'made to work'

Do you agree with working for benefits?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with working for benefits?

• Yes
    • No

Not really, it may demonstrate that specific websites are full of trolls just trying to pick an argument and that most people who vote on a poll are the Percy Sugdens and Hyacinth Buckets of this world. Then there are the media companies who are pulling peoples' emotions and trying to persaude public opinion one way or the other and is generally politically orientated. Only a real thicko would not realise this.

Percy Sugdens, Hyacinth Bucket, Thickos only agree with the scheme do they ?

Why not visit your nearest building site and ask the workers there ?

As someone who was once unemployed you can only spend so much of your day looking for work. I would rather be out there doing something that watching brain-dead daytime TV so that's what I did, I did gardening work and other jobs for neighbours - free of charge. It made me feel so much better about myself and felt like I was giving something back. (And yes I checked with the BA that what I was doing was OK).

And I put it on my CV along with "actively seeking work" and one interviewer was impressed by my attitude and gave me the job.

By putting routine in their lives and having tried a different lifestyle it may encourage them to change their present lifestyle and seek permanent employment. The refernce will at least show they can be punctual, polite, helpfull and willing.

By being paid in 'routine' and 'different lifestyle' for their forced manual labour, the unemployed unfortunately will not be able to translate these 'rewards' into goods and services at the local supermarket.

I suggest the next time you go shopping you try spending them and see just how much food you can purchase with 'routine' and 'different lifestyle' in your empty wallet, instead of cash.

Still don't want to hear the truth.

You are a minority whose views are not accepted by the majority.

Accept it.

No, I don't think so. I think it's the fact that there are more right-wing thugs who are likely to reply.

The idea cannot possibly work, you will see in the end. The question is how much damage will be done before people begin to see the light?

What a despicable comment.

Comparing people who were sent to their death because of their race with others who are only being asked to do some work to earn their keep.

No it isn't, it's a very valid comment. These people will be stigmatised for being enemployed. What is even more disgusting than that, is that the general public are being brainwashed into accepting the views of the right-wing government through media outlets.

By being paid in 'routine' and 'different lifestyle' for their forced manual labour, the unemployed unfortunately will be not be able to translate these 'rewards' into goods and services at the local supermarket.

I suggest the next time you go shopping you try spending them and see just how much food you can purchase with 'routine' and 'different lifestyle' in your empty wallet, instead of cash.

But they are still being paid benefits and these other routine and different lifestyle benefits are a bonus.

But they are still being paid benefits and these other routine and different lifestyle benefits are a bonus.

A 'bonus' that cannot be spent. As getting to and from the place of forced labour each day is going to cost money, and the unemployed still need to eat to carry out their unpaid manual work, 'routine' and 'different lifestyle' bonuses do not amount to a tin of beans. Literally.

A 'bonus' that cannot be spent. As getting to and from the place of forced labour each day is going to cost money, and the unemployed still need to eat to carry out their unpaid manual work, 'routine' and 'different lifestyle' bonuses do not amount to a tin of beans. Literally.

I think this has been done to death.

I am still not sure if your comments are serious or a wind up !!

Archived