Workfare - Long-term jobless 'made to work'

Do you agree with working for benefits?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with working for benefits?

• Yes
    • No

Maybe some on this thread have not yet grasped the fact that the ordinary guy in the street grafting for 40+ hours a week possibly at the minimum wage has had enough. The same goes for the higher wage earners/tax payers maybe they have had enough. Possibly even the pensioners have had enough. When times were good we all knew what was going on with some of the benefit boys/girls but chose to ignore it. Now everyones back is against the wall not because of the condems or even the last labour govt. but because of the global shift in manufacturing and the financial crissis. We don't need to blame anyone as it has happened so lets get over it but if my standard of living is going to suffer then I will make sure that any benefit cheat I come across will also suffer. I, like many others are sick of seeing so called "Disability cases" on the television and in any of the daily rags playing football and other sports. The same gangs of chavvie kids standing at the local shops with nothing to do other than mouth off at old people and trash anything that belongs to someone else. Yes the time has come but it won't be the revolution and riots in the streets that some think will happen but possibly taxpayers forming an alliance to withold that portion of their tax which rewards dossers for doing nothing. Remember those previously law abiding citizens who went to jail rather than pay their council tax, well it could be their time again.

Maybe some on this thread have not yet grasped the fact that the ordinary guy in the street grafting for 40+ hours a week possibly at the minimum wage has had enough. The same goes for the higher wage earners/tax payers maybe they have had enough. Possibly even the pensioners have had enough. When times were good we all knew what was going on with some of the benefit boys/girls but chose to ignore it. Now everyones back is against the wall not because of the condems or even the last labour govt. but because of the global shift in manufacturing and the financial crissis. We don't need to blame anyone as it has happened so lets get over it but if my standard of living is going to suffer then I will make sure that any benefit cheat I come across will also suffer. I, like many others are sick of seeing so called "Disability cases" on the television and in any of the daily rags playing football and other sports. The same gangs of chavvie kids standing at the local shops with nothing to do other than mouth off at old people and trash anything that belongs to someone else. Yes the time has come but it won't be the revolution and riots in the streets that some think will happen but possibly taxpayers forming an alliance to withold that portion of their tax which rewards dossers for doing nothing. Remember those previously law abiding citizens who went to jail rather than pay their council tax, well it could be their time again.
so how you going to report the rich tax evaders and to whom ? remember were all in this together or dont they count in your book:huh:

As you say how will I report the rich tax evaders. I can't, as it is not within my knowledge to do so. However it might be within many peoples knowledge to deal with the benefit cases. Similarly it might be within the knowledge of some to deal with the massive tax evasion by others.

so how you going to report the rich tax evaders and to whom ? remember were all in this together or dont they count in your book:huh:
If we are all in this together,how are YOU going to report the tax evaders all around us?...................we all know a few! or are they OK, in your book?

To be fair to report a tax evader you would need detailed knowledge of their financial affairs, income sources and tax paid. How many of us can say we have this information.

Personal tax evasion detection is a job for HMRC. Obviously employeees of companies that have evidence of corporate tax evaision should pass the evidence to HMRC. But for the bloke in the street to start try to discover whether his neighbour has declared all capital gains this year is a bit far fetched.

Archived