Workfare - Long-term jobless 'made to work'

Do you agree with working for benefits?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with working for benefits?

• Yes
    • No

Isn't life hard. I wonder whether anybody else has ever had to do something they didn't want to do?

YES.!!!!...Only today I had to go to the doctor's for a blood test....someone stuck a needle in me !

Oh I forgot, I want to find out how ill I am, and get treatment.

Whether you believe doleites should be hung or hugged, this policy has no trousers. There will not be any way of confirming who might be turning jobs down.

This announcement is an excercise in propaganda.

By the looks of things - it's working!

Indeed, - and the latest wind-up is that parents of one-to-five year old children are to be 'sanctioned' if they don't keep regular contact with their job centre. No detail yet of what the sanctions will be.

Clegg seems to be losing his nerve though, according to him "only a tiny number of people would see their benefits withdrawn".

They haven't mentioned pensioners yet, although I'm sure thet would love to put the frighteners on them too, especially those who rely on pension credit etc.

Each unemployed non-volunteer forced onto the Tory/Lib Dem 'Work' programme (manual labour for dole money) should carefully state, at each and every opportunity:

"I am not a volunteer. I only participate under duress, under the threat of being reduced to a state of absolute poverty. I do not have any respect for, or loyalty to, any organisation or company that seeks to exploit my economic weakness by forcing me into manual labour."

Most of them wouldn't be able to pronounce half of those words, never mind understand what they were saying....

Whether you believe doleites should be hung or hugged, this policy has no trousers. There will not be any way of confirming who might be turning jobs down.

This announcement is an excercise in propaganda.

By the looks of things - it's working!

Not only is it propaganda, it simply will not happen. The government would have millions to pay in compensation for violating Human rights for not looking after people who need it. It sounds good - and I certainly agree with the idea, but bottom line, they can't do it.

Each unemployed non-volunteer forced onto the Tory/Lib Dem 'Work' programme (manual labour for dole money) should carefully state, at each and every opportunity:

"I am not a volunteer. I only participate under duress, under the threat of being reduced to a state of absolute poverty. I do not have any respect for, or loyalty to, any organisation or company that seeks to exploit my economic weakness by forcing me into manual labour."

The threat of being left to fend for themselves, like the vast majority of people do. Boo hoo, my heart bleeds for them. :roll:

Archived