Workfare - Long-term jobless 'made to work'

Do you agree with working for benefits?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with working for benefits?

• Yes
    • No

i thought this post was about working for dole not how much the goverment pay to the banks i think a lot of long term unemployed dont want to work because are happy claming benifits there are jobs out there its just that nobody wants to work for min wage thats why forreners are getting them cause they will even if you work for min you could still have your money made up and you might still be able to get benifits so you long term get out there and save our jobs from being snapped up by foreners

It's a crock and anyone with half a brain can see that, how many jobs have been created in the last 13 years? Do people seriously believe there are that many foreigners in the UK? It is just scaremongering the public to accept cuts that the so-called government want to make. Unfortunately, the immigrant is an easy target.

How come you are more knowledgable than the government in this matter ?

I haven't heard it being challenged by labour.

coming from mps who fiddle expences i think its their ethics that need sorting out .

Aye, that's a fair comment. The problem being that the lawbreakers are the lawmakers, the parasites are wandering around Westminster. All plotting their next claim for expenses - which we pay for.

Regards

Angel.

Aye, that's a fair comment. The problem being that the lawbreakers are the lawmakers, the parasites are wandering around Westminster. All plotting their next claim for expenses - which we pay for.

Regards

Angel.

I think you,ll see several charged with criminal offences in the near future.

How come you are more knowledgable than the government in this matter ?

I haven't heard it being challenged by labour.

Because I told you, I work for the Home Office and we are officially told certain stats. The government doesn't know a thing that happens in the HO; they have absolutely no idea. Even if they were told, they wouldn't understand. Let's be honest, they are the type of people (MPs) who say they must be a cap on immigration and that more must be done to remove illegals ... that is until some migrant in their consituancy falls foul of the immigration rules, then they can't do enough to help them.

I wonder why?

Given that 40% of school leavers don't have adequate qualifications to get and keep a job, the biggest employer in the country has to recruit from overseas because it can't obtain sufficient suitably-qualified people from the UK labour market and other employers have complained that they too must look overseas to obtain suitably-qualified staff, could it be that the reason that so many of the jobs are going to foreigners is that there aren't employable Brits to do them?

If that's the case and school leavers are that bad, how come the number of students enrolling at university increase year upon year?

Because I told you, I work for the Home Office and we are officially told certain stats. The government doesn't know a thing that happens in the HO; they have absolutely no idea. Even if they were told, they wouldn't understand. Let's be honest, they are the type of people (MPs) who say they must be a cap on immigration and that more must be done to remove illegals ... that is until some migrant in their consituancy falls foul of the immigration rules, then they can't do enough to help them.

More extreme hyperbole, the government doesn't know a thing? Absolutely nothing? They wouldn't understand? Yeah right.

Only 'intellectual's like you who think the government is trying to brainwash us with terrorism conspiracies to 'keep us in our place' know the truth right?:loopy:

The Home Office processes applications from non Europeans who want to come to, or stay in the UK for a variety of reasons, one of those being work. And, if there are jobs that need qualifications and experience that isn't evident in the UK, then of course immigrants will fill them.

However, we in the UK have free access to Europe and vice versa. Europeans don't have to apply for work permits, or permission to come to the UK. What figures do the Home Office/UKBA publish about them - and can you provide any links?

And, IMO the government are quite keen to see the majority of illegals returned. However, it is understandable that individual MPs may take up specific cases when they have been left without a decision for years, and where someone has made a life for themselves here, and a contribution to their community.

Archived