Children stealing off cars.

maybe not but I wasn't being sarcastic than merely asking a question since he called me loopy I find your comment a tad harsh:D
Okay. Just thought ricgem2002's loopy was to indicate the very idea of a court convicting kids of 'theft of dustcaps' would be loopy. Sorry.:)

Okay. Just thought ricgem2002's loopy was to indicate the very idea of a court convicting kids of 'theft of dustcaps' would be loopy. Sorry.:)

thats okay. I agree it would be silly to take anybody to court for that level of theft but if they keep doing it thats where they will eventually end up and I was wondering why parents would send their children out to do that but previous post cleared that up, they're too idle to go and buy some:D

Its a bit of a craze at the moment, An African kid that my lads were knocking about with was talking to them about how the police had caught him ect and where he was going next for some. I was under my car fitting a belt and came out and told my lads to get in because they weren't knocking about with the idiot.

We are not far from firth park.

Keep an eye on your car in Firth Park. I have just caught some kids stealing dust caps of cars. Ok its not the crime of the century, but last year a couple of my neighbours had their tyres let down.

So they're not only stealing the dust caps but the air in the tyres too!

Go up to t'Cross and they steal the tread off your tyres too ... by nicking the car and doughnutting round Asda car park to impress their slags ... er sorry ... girlfriends! Hope I've not started a new tread here! :D

• 5 weeks later...
why would anybody send their kids out to risk criminal record for something that would cost about 50p a set?

It all adds up at the car boot sale...

Some of the stuff i've seen parents tell their kids to swipe! Garden gnomes was always my favourite, apparently a great seller at the car boot sales!

It all adds up at the car boot sale...

Some of the stuff i've seen parents tell their kids to swipe! Garden gnomes was always my favourite, apparently a great seller at the car boot sales!

So would you find it funny if they stole your stuff? You had advance warning of these thefts and condoned it by keeping quiet.:roll::roll:

So would you find it funny if they stole your stuff? You had advance warning of these thefts and condoned it by keeping quiet.:roll::roll:

I found the facts amusing (about gnomes being good sellers), not the actual theft!

Seriously, I stopped lending their kids stuff, because none of it ever came back. I even tried to instil some morals in them (by asking questions).

Later it turned out the Dad was quite a serious reseller of stolen goods (because he got busted for it, then grassed the thief's up and got off himself, even though he was getting them to nick to order. :loopy: )

What was probably worse was he was seriously teaching them to be bullies who use violence!

Archived