Wedding on a budget

Have you considered doing the catering yourselves?

An afternoon tea style reception will work out far cheaper than a sit down meal and is great fun. Yummy cakes and nibbles, pretty tea cups and some simple flowers or bunting can totally transform a space.

Feel free to contact us if you'd like to discuss any ideas - we held our own wedding reception in this way and loved it so much we decided to turn it into a business!

I am going for a very English village fete/ shabby chic look. Gingham table runners and bunting, with traditional flowers, in old vases, jugs, pots (not necessarily matching) that I am sourcing from various charity shops.

If anyone knows any charity shops with really good bric-a-brac sections, can you let me know?

I am going for a very English village fete/ shabby chic look. Gingham table runners and bunting, with traditional flowers, in old vases, jugs, pots (not necessarily matching) that I am sourcing from various charity shops.

If anyone knows any charity shops with really good bric-a-brac sections, can you let me know?

Have just PM'd you, possibly twice. Sorry for the extra message!

St Luke's in Woodseats can be good for crockery sets.

Have you thought about mixing and matching old china and chairs? What about dressing your bridesmaids in vintage dreses or vintage inspired dresses? Bunting is also a good, inexpensive option for decorating as you can make it yourself without too much sewing no-how!!!

Tea lights in jam jars if you've moving into evening and mismatched gingham napkins.....sounds like a fun, unique reception idea! All the best!

Archived