Jewellery inheritance opinions wanted.

My OH's first wife died over 20 years ago leaving him with two young children. We've just been writing our wills which set OH thinking about his first wife's jewellery. OH wants our son to have some of it but is worried that it may end up out of the family. I have suggested that he could have it made into a suitably manly piece of jewellery. If there isn't much gold in the jewellery I guess we could add to the gold to make something worthwhile. Has anyone done anything similar or can suggest what we could do with the rjewellery for our son? We are not in Sheffield so are not able to take jewellery to shops/goldsmiths in the city. Thanks. :)

My Dad gave me a gold half hunter to "either look after or have made into jewellery" for my wife. I'll be keeping it because it belonged to my Great Grandfather and is a fantastic piece of craftsmenship.

I guess your OH's son will either do what I have done because it was his Mothers or have it made into something else.

Archived