America has a lot to answer for

Wrong Mr Prime, Carters attempt failed due to him being a weak president, Iranians got a little nervous when they knew Reagan was going to sit in the big chair, they knew then they had to let them go.....coincidence, I think not.

You see, people had Reagan figured as a mild spoken push over, the Air Traffic controllers thought that too didn't they ?

Did they know Ronnie was soon to be selling them weapons? That is the act of a dirty traitor in my eyes but you seem to forgive this ultra crime because he's a nice guy.

Did they know Ronnie was soon to be selling them weapons? That is the act of a dirty traitor in my eyes but you seem to forgive this ultra crime because he's a nice guy.

Say what you like about Ronnie but he put the axe to the Soviets, nickeled and dimed em to death with defence spending and fooled em completely with the "Starwars project"

The communists system may have already been ready to collapse at that time but it needed someone like Reagan to give it the coup de grace and he started an era of better relations and understanding with the new Russian leaders

He kept the US out of a war too during his time in office and overall the economy did well and times were pretty good for all Americans back then.

IMO he was one of the better presidents this country had since WW2

Carter didn't attempt anything at all. He just decided to back a totally ridiculous plan against the advice of many of his cabinet.

Operation Eagle Claw, Delta Force's debut mission, was probably the most misconceived hostage rescue operation plan of all time. It had almost no chance of succeeding, even its planner only gave it a 30% chance.

what happened was that they looked at the Israeli Entebbe rescue mission, which was a huge success, and thought that it must be easy to effect hostage rescues over thousands of miles of land and sea. Guess what. It isn't.

The rescue attempt failed because there was a collision between two of the choppers during a sandstorm. Choppers are complex enough to operate even during normal conditions.

Also rescuing hostages from a country like Iran presented far greater difficulty than doing the same from a militarily inept country like Uganda who had a dope for a president. That was a pushover by comparison

Say what you like about Ronnie but he put the axe to the Soviets, nickeled and dimed em to death with defence spending and fooled em completely with the "Starwars project"

The communists system may have already been ready to collapse at that time but it needed someone like Reagan to give it the coup de grace and he started an era of better relations and understanding with the new Russian leaders

He kept the US out of a war too during his time in office and overall the economy did well and times were pretty good for all Americans back then.

IMO he was one of the better presidents this country had since WW2

That is all very true. My thinking is that no one is completely wrong. I will never vote for the Conservatives over here but they have done some things that were right for the nation. Balance is the keyword in politics and the analysis of politics in my view.

That is all very true. My thinking is that no one is completely wrong. I will never vote for the Conservatives over here but they have done some things that were right for the nation. Balance is the keyword in politics and the analysis of politics in my view.

My sentiments also but I've voted for Republicans as well as Democrats in the past. I would have voted for John McCain in the last election but for the fact that he chose a bimbo as his running mate who might have taken over if he had become incapacited during his term.

UInfortunately the Republicans are swinging too far to the right and trying to imitate Ronald Reagan whose style was unique only to him and no other wannabe

Anyone agree with me that America has a lot to answer for ?

Fads that have found their way into UK which cause annoyance to other people:

Teens on skateboards:on the pavements, you have to dart out of the way to avoid being hit, on the road.....you have to brake to avoid hitting them.

to be honest, I have to dive out of the way of people on bikes who ride on the pavement alot more than skaters.

although its noisy, and sometimes attracts the more rebellous type of youth, skateboarding is a beautiful, creative and non competitive activity, that takes a great deal of skill and fitness to master.

pls see below video

Dont be such miseries! Americans are great, plus they have some great beer such as bud light!

anyone that thinks bud is great must drink a lot of water, because thats what it takes like, and very weak water at that, ive tasted stronger coffee

Archived