America has a lot to answer for

Think of it as a gift, when you get bored of it you should try test cricket; there's an Ashes series coming up. For the first time in a long time we've got a good chance of winning the series down under.

I remember many a pleasant sunny afternoon watching cricket with a pint in hand. I bowled for our school team two years in a row. Freddie Truman was one of my idols.

Hope England do win the series. I'd be very happy

I remember many a pleasant sunny afternoon watching cricket with a pint in hand. I bowled for our school team two years in a row. Freddie Truman was one of my idols.

Hope England do win the series. I'd be very happy

We've won 2 of the past three Ashes, and are in very good form going into this one. Which is something that the Aussies can't boast, they haven't one any international match since July.

Good maybe; great? Definitely not! ;)

Many bars in the US now sell imports from Europe and the rest of the world. Watered down a bit to meet the lower US alcohol level regulations but the same taste is there.

Newcastle Brown seems to be pretty popular

We've won 2 of the past three Ashes, and are in very good form going into this one. Which is something that the Aussies can't boast, they haven't one any international match since July.

It's hard to get any cricket news in my corner as British newspapers arent available anywhere. Verizon have just added 80 new channels to my cable line up so maybe I'l start looking through them and strike lucky. We can get every other sport on our channels but no luck with cricket so far.

That's true though I have travelled the nation twice. First time courtesy of Amtrak, second time with an RV and I loved every minute of it including meeting rednecks. I find the contrast between the cities and small towns quite pronounced. I spent time in a small town called Starlight - PA 18461 and remember a bar with 'No guns or knives' above the entrance. Some locals would go on about 'faggots' if they saw one of us limey longhairs at the bar. However the sophistication of NYC, San Francisco and LA more than made up for it.

I also think Carter has been unfairly treated due to the Iran hostage crisis. He did attempt a brilliant military rescue, pure bad luck stopped it. This apparently meant to some he did nothing much then dim Reagan got in.

Does one drink tea from ones teacup with ones little finger in ones air? You sound ever so Englishy quaint.

Bet the rednecks had a giggle at you flouncing around in jodhpurs and cravat.:D

Pmsl.

Does one drink tea from ones teacup with ones little finger in ones air? You sound ever so Englishy quaint.

Pmsl.

The cravat is looked upon as fag wear. I've never met one English ex-pat who wore one either least of all a Yorkshireman who wouldn't be seen dead in one :hihi:

Pmsl.

Well they certainly found my monocle and panama hat...interesting.:)

Ugh no! That's one of Britain's inbred upper class idiots. I'm the son of t'hairdresser and t'truck driver. My main item item of clothing is a Fred Perry shirt, a British classic:

http://www.fredperry.com/men/

I should also say thanks for Star Trek, Roots, Hill Street Blues and The Wire.

Bud Light is good ! Light on calories, delicate aroma and taste and brings one to the point of total inebriation in a slow and gentle way.

Bud is a girls drink, luckily there are loads of micro breweries in the US making great mens beer.

Archived