Asking for proof of age

the think 25 scheme is not a law like not serving alcohol to minors is.

Its a policy to support the law

no, but shaz is right, on a transactional level, that is all that is happening. there is no law to support what you are advocating.

If you haven't been on the other side of a till you really wouldn't know.

How do you not understand that it doesn't change what it is? You could still be giving the alcohol to someone underage, which is against the law. So you're knowingly allowing someone to break the law... if you want to go further with it.

:lol:

you really have no idea. just stick to your store policy and let everyone else debate that actual issue in hand.

How is it a messed up store policy?

Okay, so when some drunken 17 year old who wasn't ID'd decides he wants to cause havoc, and trashes your home and maybe beats you up, you wont complain that it was 'the damn shops fault for selling to a teenager'?

Way OTT. :roll:

If you want to advocate ridiculous store policies then that's up to you. I for one think it's insulting and stupid that I can be refused service because I am accompanied by someone without ID even though they have no intention of drinking MY alcohol that I wish to purchase for MYSELF.

Way OTT. :roll:

If you want to advocate ridiculous store policies then that's up to you. I for one think it's insulting and stupid that I can be refused service because I am accompanied by someone without ID even though they have no intention of drinking MY alcohol that I wish to purchase for MYSELF.

But if they're NOT going to drink the alcohol, and haven't suggested they will, then you would be served? How have you not understood that? Oh dear.

Archived