Asking for proof of age

And it'd be stuff like driving license, passport etc (official forms of ID)
I won't be carrying either of them routinely, especially if I'm going to be getting drunk later ;) Wonder why they don't do anything specific that you can get to use for the purpose?

Only one of them is purchasing your goods with their money. What do you not understand?

why you dont understand that it IS illegal to sell alcohol to someone who is buying it one behalf of someone that is underage, probably. (which is why they have to ask all people in a group for id, its called excersing due diligence and is the only thing that miht help you stand a chance in court if some scraotbag wants who isnt old enough wants to get drunk)

in terms of 'think 25', its not a law but its not a store policy either, its the licensing peoples policy. its one of the conditions of your license that you have to agree to follow, or they very probably wont grant you a license in the first place.

all you have to do is go into any (responsible) licensed premise and see that the 'think 25' posters all look the same - that isnt cos tesco, morrisons, asda and threshers all sharing posters, its cos the licensing board require them to be displayed.

and if a cashier cant tell the diffeence between a 24 year old and a 17 year old, it has more to do with two unrelated people they've never seen before and never spoken to not having their date of birth tattooed on their heads than it has to do with them not being able to use a checkout.

Jeez I went down town on saturday and got ID'd at every pub/club I went to and even got ID'd for buying fags for my step dad but I don't come on sheffield forum and make an angry topic over it.:roll:
Thanks for the links, matey.

I dont think people are that mad about having to provide ID for themselves, more about being refused their shopping because of someone else they happen to have with them. Especially when they might both be 10 years over age anyway. Most people probably don't see themselves as looking that young anyway and are shocked that they're being asked for age proof.

Life, eh! Just sucks sometimes.

Thanks for the links, matey.

I dont think people are that mad about having to provide ID for themselves, more about being refused their shopping because of someone else they happen to have with them. Especially when they might both be 10 years over age anyway. Most people probably don't see themselves as looking that young anyway and are shocked that they're being asked for age proof.

Life, eh! Just sucks sometimes.

I'm glad you're relaxed about it :thumbsup::hihi:

Archived