Asking for proof of age

Returning to the topic, I don't know why people get to so upset about it; just buy the booze elsewhere. Leave the crate of beer/wine/whatever on the conveyor belt and let them stick it back on the shelf.

I always enjoy the irony of my wife (not me, look too old.. /sigh) being asked for ID, then the cashier needing authorisation from the supervisor to actually run the booze through the till as they aren't old enough to sell it on their own.

Yes, if the other person is consuming the alcohol and cannot provide ID.
But not because of the LAW, which only requires that the person buying the alcohol and the other person who may be going to share the bottle are both over 18. You losing your job would be because of the rules your employer has in place?

It's actually really insulting to the average shopper, implying that they are willing to break the law, by intending to provide alcohol to an underage person, when you think about it.

But not because of the LAW, which only requires that the person buying the alcohol and the other person who may be going to share the bottle are both over 18. You losing your job would be because of the rules your employer has in place?

It's actually really insulting to the average shopper, implying that they are willing to break the law, by intending to provide alcohol to an underage person, when you think about it.

Losing your job wouldn't be down to the employer, that's because of the regulations that are put in place by the license place.

And, unfortunately, the minority spoil it for the majority as always....

I can't see the big problem, carry ID and it's problem solved?

Returning to the topic, I don't know why people get to so upset about it; just buy the booze elsewhere. Leave the crate of beer/wine/whatever on the conveyor belt and let them stick it back on the shelf.

I always enjoy the irony of my wife (not me, look too old.. /sigh) being asked for ID, then the cashier needing authorisation from the supervisor to actually run the booze through the till as they aren't old enough to sell it on their own.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I'm sorry but that sounds ridiculous. Is someone going to follow them home and spy through the window and call the police, then report you for being the one who served them? All seems a bit far fetched.

i read of someone who got prosecuted the day after they sold alcohol to a group of youths. turns out that the cashier only asked the person who was paying for the booze rather than all of them. they got arrested when one of the kids ended up in hospital having to have their stomach pumped.

the police had to investigate where they got the booze from, cashier got in trouble.

was in the papers ages ago, though cant remember when....

Losing your job wouldn't be down to the employer, that's because of the regulations that are put in place by the license place.

And, unfortunately, the minority spoil it for the majority as always....

I can't see the big problem, carry ID and it's problem solved?

I'm confused now. You would lose your job because you sold alcohol to a 23 yr old with ID and to a 25yr old without ID? Because you thought they didn't look over 21? And yet the law states that you can purchase and drink alcohol provided you're over 18?

It's getting pretty silly now. Remind me never to take a job where I might have to sell booze to anyone, of any age. I don't think my nerves could stand it, :hihi:

i read of someone who got prosecuted the day after they sold alcohol to a group of youths. turns out that the cashier only asked the person who was paying for the booze rather than all of them. they got arrested when one of the kids ended up in hospital having to have their stomach pumped.

the police had to investigate where they got the booze from, cashier got in trouble.

was in the papers ages ago, though cant remember when....

They'll never believe you, you'll be accused of being a troll soon :hihi:

I know, it is really insulting that you are of legal age to purchase what you wish and have the relevant proof, yet someone can see fit to refuse you because of the company you are in.

I'm confused now. You would lose your job because you sold alcohol to a 23 yr old with ID and to a 25yr old without ID? Because you thought they didn't look over 21? And yet the law states that you can purchase and drink alcohol provided you're over 18?

It's getting pretty silly now. Remind me never to take a job where I might have to sell booze to anyone, of any age. I don't think my nerves could stand it, :hihi:

Yeah because you don't have proof that the 25 year old is actually old enough to drink, they could be a 17 year old that looks 40!

It's horrible ID'ing people too, especially when some will go on and on and on and on. And they're usually the ones that complain about the drunken youths causing chaos.

Archived