Ex wife holding passport

I'm after a bit of advice.

My partner's ex-wife is witholding their 2 sons passports and we're due to go away this weekend.

We need the passports. She was fine with this at the time we booked the holiday, grandparents are also going, and now she's being very childish saying she doesn't want them to go.

We've filled forms in allowing them to take the time out of school, they've had the injections. (she took them for these)it's just a case of her being silly to ruin my partners 40th birthday celebrations.

the children spend between 1 and 3 nights with us every week normally.

Does my partner's ex wife have a right to withold the passports? can we do anything to make her hand them over legally, or is she quite within her rights. the children are 13 and 16 years old.

The 16 year old shouldn't need parental consent so she should not be able to withhold that passport. Let the children ask for their passports themselves then the 16 year old can tell her that she can't withhold it and maybe she will relent and hand over both.

As far as I know, the mother is within her right to object and stop the children going on holiday, unless she is in breach of a custody agreement. The police will not deal with this matter as it is not a criminal case. They would merely advise you to contact your solicitor.

There is very little you or your partner can do. It's awful that parents use their children in this fashion for points scoring.

Archived